i saw this on ebay.
It would be a REAL bad day if you had a flat with one of them! :bouncegri Looks like a good idea. Collecting mud around them may be a bit of an issue. Don't think the ride would be as good either :wink2
You'd have to wear rain gear on a muddy day. Is it possible that a manufacturer would warranty the drive chains and motors on a skid-steer with those wheels? I would think that the stress loads would increase exponentially in a counter-rotating situation.
I see two tools in one. Running straight back and forth they compact, turning they make one heck of a set of rippers. You could really tear up some ground running circles with those things.
Looks like it would be a mother to try to load on to a rolback or a steel decked flat bed looks like alot of clawing and sliding and flying over the side. I know where a small Swinger loader with a bad motor is for cheap. Its articulated and looks like those wheels would make an excelent mini compactor. Saw a cat skidder conversion with compaction wheels in rock and dirt a few weeks ago that looked neat. Are those wheels in the pic a commercial product or are they specially made.
from what i understand the guy posted these on ebay and either applied for the patent or had it im not sure....
Not the SAME thing, but another interesting, perhaps more versatile, way to put padfoot compaction on a skid-steer loader From a company called Action Equipment Systems at www.actionequip.net L
those "wheels/claws" look like they would put the drive system under some serious stress, and if you had to go on pavement/cement - forget it!
I dunno, I've seen many with steel wheel on them on the amish farms. We dont see any unusual problems with them. I know I wouldn't volunteer to drive the thing, ride has to be three steps past unbearable.
Stumpjumper83, I'm curious why the Amish would buy them with the steel wheels. Do you know why it is? Is there a particular purpose they need them for, or is it just their preference?
Its religious, their bishop says no rubber wheels, because rubber is modern, therefore evil. besides its alot harder to get a flat, and re-treading is done with the welder. Next time one comes into the shop I'll post pics of it.
Huh! Ok then. I thought maybe it was they were using them in their farm fields or something, and needed the extra traction. I couldn't think of why they'de choose a skid-steer over a tractor, or how the implements would even attach. I guess it wasn't that though, thanks!!:yup And also, Welcome to HEF!!:thumbsup
So, uhh...what are the hoses made of? (Not to mention the whole diesel engine thing sort of post dates the horse and buggy too...) (BTW, welcome to the site! Are you with Groff Tractor?)
They have steel on the regular tractors too, I've even seen a case ih 2388 combine sporting steel. In general the skidders do barn chores, like cleaning out the muck, or moving feed around, pushing snow, that type of stuff. No, I'm with their competition, Binkley and Hurst in Rothsville
Oh, okay. I'm sort of surprised they have competition that close to home. We used to have 4 utility line dealers and a construction line dealer within about a 40 mile radius of me, but now there's only one Groff. Sorry to digress... Back to the topic.
Looks like he installed some sort of cleaning fingers between the tires in pic number 3. :wink2 A little off topic but as far as traction or tearing up the ground goes, I'm in the junk tire business and I save all the most worn out, slick 12-16.5 tires that come through my shop. Since I use my skidsteer in a warehouse with a concrete floor and occasionally outside on my gravel yard, a slick tire is more practical for me. It keeps from tearing up the drivetrain of my tractor as well as the outside yard.