Looking at buying a Kamatsu 815, its a 2003 with 1500 hrs, I'm also looking at a JD 6675 and a JD 5575. All machines have around 1500 to 2000 hrs. and all are in the 8-10k range obo. The 5575 has a couple of attachments, auger and forks and comes with a decent trailer. The 6675 is in nice condition and has no attachments, the Kamatsu looks good inprint but have not seen it in person. If there is opinions as to realiablity and performance pertaining to the Kamatsu (I have no experience in this brand), and comparisons to the 2 John Deere units, I would love to here your thoughts. Marrk
Don't know a lot about the Komatsu machines. The 6675 is a good all around machine and were known for being very easy on fuel. Weak point would be the bottom of the boom where the hinge pin mounts. Have seen a fair amount of them and New Hollands worn out and have to have the boom ends replaced. Other than that, good machines. The 5575 is similar, but for a lot of applications is getting to be on the small side. Depends what you have in mind for it.
Hello! Now Komatsu part catalogues are available for free on www.komatsupartsbook.com !
The deere's have a 220 series engine. decent of fuel. They were the same thing as the new holland lx-series. Deere took a gpod design and made it a better verison to what it is today.The NH hadn't really changed their design in a while till now. I've put a good many hours on a 6675 and 8875. Mostly on the 6675. I don't remember having to much trouble out of it besides the other operators not knowing how to run it. We had tracks on ours and the area around where the axles attached would crack. After getting ours we wished we would have gotten the 7775 for the little extra hp and hydraulic flow. Still not a bad machine thoe. The only two little things i didn't like about it was jumping it off and the mechanical park break.
I have a komatsu sk820. One of the reasons I bought it was the fact that they offer a lot of options as standard equipment such as two speed and auto level buckets. They also have the smoothest pilot controls out there