I'm looking to see what kind of hydraulic oil i could use in my D6C. Yesterday was my first time running the dozer since I bought it. Later in the day the winch stopped working and the blade controls started running rough so I checked the fluid level and there was only 3" in the tank. The only thing I have available to use at the moment is traveler iso 32 and 46. Could I use either of those to get running today or not? The hydro tank is also missing the dipstick and I don't see a sight glass. If I filled it roughly half way would that be a safe level to allow for fluid flow?
Of the two options the AW32 would be the closest to the SAE10W hydraulic oil that Cat usually recommends. To be honest either of the two oils you have would probably work.
Thank you!