Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Compressed air in the hydraulic tank on Badger 4435-is this normal?

Skeezix1 ยท 2024-03-01 15:52

Is the Badger 4435 supposed to have compressed air in the hydraulic reservoir?

Replies4
  1. #1IceHole2024-03-01 16:30

    Not familiar with that machine, but it's very common to have pressurized hydraulic tanks. Usually ~5psi

  2. #2Skeezix12024-03-01 17:41

    Yes, thanks; I'll put a gage on it and check the actual pressure.

  3. #3Manistar2024-03-01 20:11

    I have a Grove that has air that leaks into the hydraulic system through the swivel. The throttle in the operator cab is controlled with air that runs through a port in the main swivel. It doesn't really cause any problems other than it doesn't hold air pressure in the air system very long and you can hear it gurgling in the hydraulic reservoir.

  4. #4Skeezix12024-03-02 16:16

    Thanks Manistar, I suspect that is what is happening on the 4435.