Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

compression test adapter cat c3.3 Kubota engine

DIESELMAN3500 ยท 2024-08-28 10:46

doing a compression test on the cat 3.3 Kubota engine. do they sell a long adapter that goes into the glow plug hole? John

Replies8
  1. #1ozarkag2024-08-28 19:37

    Modified glow plug. . .

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2024-09-01 23:22

    What thread/pitch is the glow plug? What tester do you have?

  3. #3Mattpcs2024-11-14 15:22

    late response but yes I got a kit on Amazon and it fits my 3.3b in our skidsteers. I believe it was an M8x1 adapter but I bout the whole kit with 15 adapters

  4. #4Mattpcs2024-11-14 15:24

    I was actually looking for the compression spec or ratio spec on this engine but I guess I will have to call

  5. #5Tyler d4c2024-11-14 17:10

    New spec is 520 and worst usable (per cat) is 420 ish im going off memory here. If you do find out post it up and ill mark it down for the next guy if someone else ask

  6. #6Mattpcs2024-11-14 17:15

    Cats spec is 464 new on a 2017 model yr

  7. #7Tyler d4c2024-11-14 19:06

    Im way off jezzz

  8. #8Nige2024-11-15 05:24

    What S/N of machine is that for.? Model years mean nothing with Cat equipment. I see only an "allowable minimum limit" of 420psi for a C3.3. There appears to be no new standard.