Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Comprssion release valve

MBeard ยท 2016-01-15 08:02

Does any one know the location of the compression release valve on a Komatsu, D65E-6 dozer. It is really hard to push the lever down and pull it up. It may need lubrication.

Replies9
  1. #1dblaneyfan2016-01-15 16:15

    Under dash, a little on right side:

  2. #2MBeard2016-01-15 19:44

    I need to know where the valve or switch is located on the engine. I have to push a lever down to actuate the compression release and I can't see it on the engine. It has gotten really hard to push the lever down and to raise it. I have lubricated all the linkage I can see, no help

  3. #3MBeard2016-01-16 06:49

    I need to see what the lever attaches to on the engine that decompresses it

  4. #4Delmer2016-01-16 09:05

    I don't KNOW, but since you're still asking, I'd guess it's under the valve cover. Can't you follow the linkage see how it connects to the engine?

  5. #5SidewinderGlenn2016-01-16 18:58

    If your engine is an older 855 Cummins ... it's on the front corner of the engine... I can't remember if it's left front or right front (I think it's on the left) .... but a normal hand pulled Cummins decompression lever should pull out AWAY from the engine for decompression. I know our old D65 had an 855 Cummins ... but I don't seem to remember it having a Decomp . A few old trucks I've driven did.

  6. #6MBeard2016-01-16 19:09

    I tried following the linkage, but I keep losing where it goes. I will try to get some help. That way they can work the lever up and down until I find it. It is hid somewhere, When I find it, I will let you know where it is. Thanks for the reply's.

  7. #7dblaneyfan2016-01-18 09:01

    Here is the parts breakdown for the compression release: I can't find a picture that clearly shows the lever on the engine, but maybe this will be some help.

  8. #8MBeard2016-01-18 16:03

    This really helps. I figured it would be on the back of the engine where I could not see it. I hope lubricating helps You don't know how much I appreciate the time and effort you put in to do this for me. Marvin Beard

  9. #9MBeard2016-01-19 20:08

    You have to remove the hood, sides and everything else to see this,