Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Computer Failure HELP!

DD Cincy ยท 2020-02-24 08:32

My Volvo has been running a little off lately. Went to start it up this morning and it said "Stop Engine...Computer Failure" Where should I go from here?

Replies6
  1. #1cuttin edge2020-02-24 08:55

    My Volvo grader will do that sometimes. Was told that when I start it, I have to turn the key on, let the dash cycle through, like 5 or 10 seconds then hit the starter. Never had a loader do that. Ecu failure, but normally there is a code with it and it starts up. What is it E, F, G, H

  2. #2DD Cincy2020-02-24 11:29

    I will give it a try. I didnt notice any code come up. It flat out will not turn over!

  3. #3highwayghost2020-02-24 12:59

    Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes. This often will reset the computer. While waiting, check all connections, starter and frame grounds, plug connectors, to be tight and clean. A loose connection may also be why it was 'running a little off' lately.

  4. #4cuttin edge2020-02-24 13:01

    Try posting more info. Year make, serial number. I can't help you mechanic wise, but if you are patient, someone should respond.

  5. #5BigWrench552020-02-24 14:06

    Post a serial number and model.

  6. #6AKAKUS LIBYA2024-09-16 12:30

    i have Volvo grader motor G940 don't start up and it said "Stop Engine...Computer Failure"