Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Computer Software

millertime778 ยท 2015-01-11 17:51

Hello everyone, I own a excavation business in western NY. Myself and 2 other bought it about 2 years ago now. This past year we tripled the amount of business we did from the year before, and this year is looking like its going to be even better. Needless to say we are going through some growing pains! haha. We are making some changes to how we manage our work. We are going to have 2 full time people in the office( one of which is myself) plus a secretary, and 1 person out in the field over seeing all of the Forman on the jobs. Im going to be handling the estimating and project management and as of right now we are doing everything the old fashioned way with pen and paper, and some excel spread sheets. We are very unorganized and inefficient by doing everything this way. I have been looking into some computer software to help with some of the inefficiencies and it is overwhelming with the amount of software that are available. I have demoed a few estimating softwares and construction management softwares and they all have there perks Our most important areas we would like the software to cover are estimating, construction management and accounting. We currently run quickbooks for our accounting software but we are looking for something that will integrate with it if possible. Anyone have any recommendations on software or experience with software? Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1monster762015-01-11 20:14

    HeavyEquipmentForums I was wondering the same thing this is feedback I got from aome of these guys as we speak I am going to demo the trakware and insite softwaresill let you know how it goes

  2. #2Bliz2015-02-15 21:05

    Millertime778, I have been going through the same thing with my company and have spent weeks evaluating software. To make a very long story short, I settled on Construction Link software based in New York. You can get a free 30 day demo at: www.tcli.com Call them and get an on-line demo or you may be a little lost with how it all works. They have a 1-class on it next week in Albany. Good Luck! Let us know what you decide on.