Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Con Agg/Expo

Nac ยท 2010-11-05 11:22

I am all booked for March. Any body elso going to the Con Agg/Expo show in Vages in March.

Replies30
  1. #1nowing752010-11-05 13:06

    yep boss told me we are going. Have never been so looking foward to it. Jason

  2. #2sandnsnow2010-11-05 21:27

    Yes, I cant wait. Looks like this is going to be a good one. Hotels are running good specials if you book now.

  3. #3AmerIndependent2010-11-08 12:00

    We'll be there. :thumbsup

  4. #4finaldrive2010-11-12 15:56

    Make that another Riverside, CA attendee..I'll be there.

  5. #5Abscraperguy2010-11-12 23:23

    Make sure you bring your camera's along cuz I can't make it there but I'll start a photo thread of the show and I'd like to see all your photo's. Enjoy yourselves

  6. #6Deeretime2010-11-23 21:25

    I think im more excited to go to vegas than I am for christmas!! Unless santa can fit a 850D in his sleigh

  7. #7Tigerotor77W2010-11-28 20:57

    Wanted to be there, but it's going to be expensive! And next year does not promise to be a cheap year to begin with, so I might have to cut my losses on this one...

  8. #8finaldrive2010-12-03 17:45

    I just returned from Bauma in Shanghai, China and I think my head is still spinning (and just from the jetlag) Well put on show. I learned a ton about the Chinese market, both equipment and parts. I spent the first day visiting local markets and dealers. Second day visiting factories and the next 3 at the show. Finally I have the answers to the questions I've had. It makes all the difference in the world being there in person. I'm very excited to take this knowledge and support our customers in North America. Spent 4 days in Korea right after China doing the same...I'm dead tired! haha

  9. #9Tigerotor77W2010-12-03 22:49

    If I may ask, what company are you with?

  10. #10finaldrive2010-12-03 23:09

    H&R Construction Parts & Equipment www.finaldrive.com is my specialty division along with supplying aftermarket replacement parts for excavators for our company.

  11. #11Tigerotor77W2010-12-19 22:47

    Ah, nice! (Work picked up -- sorry for the delay) What can you say about your thoughts before/after the show (about Chinese manufacturers, the industry there, the country itself?)? And to correct my previous statement, I'll be heading there in March. Flight was under $400 (marginally), and hotel looks to be about $400. Still far more money than I need to be spending, but Vegas is the perfect place to go for being frugal! (sarcasm)

  12. #12PipeGuy2010-12-24 15:29

    Got mine rooms booked for Vegas. I haven't been there in about 13 years. I'm sure alot has changed. How many days will it take to go through the show?

  13. #13Tigerotor77W2010-12-24 16:36

    If you absolutely rush, you can cover the entire show in 2 days (2 full days). But that's not really stopping to chat, taking your time in every exhibit; that's flooring it from one stand to the next and knowing where you want to go. I spent a lot of time at the Bobcat, Cat, and Deere exhibits in 2008 and that's really about all I was able to see. (I powerwalked the rest of the show.) 3 days is a good bet for a bit more leisurely pace, and if you want to attend the various educational seminars, you'll probably want four days.

  14. #14finaldrive2010-12-25 10:12

    I have a 42 page PowerPoint that I did in regards to my thoughts!! In fairness to China I only was in Shanghai, so my views are based on a week in one city. One busy, crowded city. I felt like I went back in time. The working conditions are not good. The facilities are dated. Product quality is still a concern. ISO certifications are mostly counterfeit. You have to be very thorough in your research on who you elect to do business with. There are some excellent companies to do business with. However, they are difficult to find and are for sure the minority. You can negotiate price on everything...the business climate reminds me of what Japan and Korea went through many years ago. China is not there yet, but they are taking the right steps. It will be awhile before the majority of the business is to the caliber that the rest of the world requires. The traffic was awful. Lanes are merely a suggestion. Pedestrians have zero rights. With it being so crowded, people tend to come off as rude and impersonal. Personal space? Forget it..there's no room. I think every single person in Shanghai smokes...and they smoke everywhere. I went to several shops to buy gifts and bought nothing because every single item smelled like an ashtray. I wasn't going to give my nieces and nephews gifts that stunk (literally) I am doing business with several companies in China and I look forward to visiting them in their respective towns. There are good and bad parts of every country, city, town, etc.. I've seen Shanghai and it wasn't somewhere I would visit again. But I will definitely return to China and see more of the country.

  15. #15Reel hip2011-01-06 19:34

    I spent a week in Beijing! Shanghai was small compared to it. A lot of equipment around but labor is so cheap I saw guys hand loading loader buckets.

  16. #169420pullpan2011-01-30 08:28

    I am planning on attending. Are we going to have another get together like in 2008?

  17. #17qball2011-01-30 22:43

    count turbo and qball in.

  18. #18BigIron252011-01-30 23:58

    Gonna be there all week

  19. #19t_dirt2011-01-31 23:43

    Gonna be there, I'm working a few days at the Topcon Booth, Stop by and say hey!!

  20. #20cat 3852011-02-01 23:22

    i will be there friday and saturday (i hope)

  21. #21sandnsnow2011-02-02 12:32

    all the hats will be gone by then:Banghead

  22. #22PETE3792011-02-02 17:30

    I'm going Wednesday night to Saturday.

  23. #23SVTSHELBYGT5002011-02-04 15:16

    Will Be There Thursday Thru Sat. A Good Show & A Great Time. Lots Of Walkin !

  24. #24MKTEF2011-02-04 15:17

    Hope my new boss/employer lets me go... Bet at least 2 will travel, i'm holding my fingers crossed. But it will be expensive for the firm...

  25. #25DiamondLTruckin2011-02-14 22:45

    My Dad and I are goin down. What do you guys think of the classes that they offer? I'm thinking about taking a few.

  26. #26jkiser962011-02-15 07:13

    We will be heading out from Monday till Thursday. I just got my VIC package from Topcon & am ready to go out on their card one night.

  27. #27EquipmentEditor2011-02-15 12:21

    Conexpo gathering You are invited to stop by the Construction Equipment booth (N3100 outside North Hall) on Wednesday from 3:30 to 5 p.m. for a drink and some munchies.

  28. #28Summit2011-02-16 22:35

    Is it really only $50 for the attendee pass for the event? (4 days) http://www.conexpoconagg.com/PDF/2011_AttendeeRegForm.pdf

  29. #29AmerIndependent2011-02-19 12:52

    Is anybody else attending the "Fleet Equipment Strategies--Repair Vs. Replace Vs. Rebuild Vs. Scrap" session?

  30. #30curbside2011-02-19 13:13

    I'll be there from Sunday to Thursday. Should be a good time.