Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Con equip parts problem

Pete1468 ยท 2017-03-09 12:05

Has anyone had any problems getting parts from Con equip parts in New York? It's been 3 weeks since I paid for the parts with my credit card and out of a $1650 bill I've only received maybe $150 worth of it. I've been trying to give the benefit of doubt but I don't like this so far.

Replies19
  1. #1JS3002017-03-09 16:08

    I've ordered some small parts from them online a few times and had excellent service. Both times I got the parts quickly and then got a follow up phone call to make sure I was happy with everything. Let us know how it turns out.

  2. #2Pete14682017-03-09 17:55

    After calling and leaving message and emailing 2 hours later they just sent me a tracking number that doesn't work. I've gotten to talk to 4 different people now.

  3. #3JS3002017-03-10 10:50

    Well that stinks. Hopefully they will straighten it out. Another thing I liked was that they mailed me an invoice both times, I'm terrible at not keeping up with credit card purchases so this helped.

  4. #4Birken Vogt2017-03-10 11:18

    Seems funny that you are having a problem yet your question was answered by someone who had a good experience right away. I would have expected the question to go unanswered. Anyway I am not sure if it is time to get nasty yet but it is approaching. Was it a real credit card you paid with, the kind you write a check 30 or 40 days later to? If so, you have 60 days from purchase to fully exercise your rights. If it is a bank account card or something, then you have much less rights and time. I would get on the phone to them in front of a computer, type in the tracking number as they are reading it to you, and call them out if it doesn't check out.

  5. #5JS3002017-03-10 14:10

    No monkey business here. I needed the spherical bearings for a couple cylinders I was rebuilding so I googled the part# and they came up. I had a good experience the first time so I ordered an extra cylinder kit and I think a fuel pump from them. I usually order from Broken Tractor but decided to try ConEquip out as I was having trouble with Broken Tractors website that day. I would definitely be hounding them for my parts or cancling the order if I couldn't get an answer out of them.

  6. #6Pete14682017-03-11 11:55

    I have 60 days to file with my credit card, I've checked. Thursday I got a tracking number but it wasn't good, Friday I emailed the 4 th person I have talked to. She claims it's coming from Canada and won't work until it's through customs. I have even asked for a picture of it in a pallet but she said be patient. On Wed it will be 4 weeks, my temper will be very short. It's just very funny they seem to have an excuse for everything, I don't think they had my part at all. Just taking money then trying to find things.

  7. #7Birken Vogt2017-03-11 14:07

    Don't take the credit card company's word or anybody that has an interest against you. If you don't get satisfaction a week or two before the deadline there is a procedure to follow for disputing. Post again on here then and I will find it you. You need to write a letter to the credit card co. and keep documentation. If you haven't done so already start making a log of phone calls and who and what they said. As well as emails. Most of the time CC companies are good but once in a while they get all bureaucratic. I had this happen and it was a good thing I had documentation to back it up, they wanted to deny my claim. Other times they just took my word. But make sure you send that letter well before 60 days if this deal goes bad.

  8. #8Pete14682017-03-11 16:53

    I've changed to all emails as those are considered a legal document. The more I deal with large companies the less I like it.

  9. #9Birken Vogt2017-03-11 17:44

    You are on the right track with all emails except sometimes they are harder to get someone to answer and string out time. If they are answering quick enough then it sure is the best way. You are in the best shape since you paid with a credit card. You have a lot on your side when you do that if it goes wrong. Also, if you file a dispute don't pay the disputed amount, they can't charge interest on it until it is settled, and usually you don't have to fight about that.

  10. #10Pete14682017-03-13 11:59

    Called them this morning as my tracking number wasn't good in Canada they claimed. Now after talking calling and talking to person number 5 they claimed it's lost in shipping. What a joke of a place to deal with. I don't think they ever had my parts.

  11. #11old-iron-habit2017-03-13 19:23

    Unless it has chainged I thought in the states you could not be charged until the day the purchase was being shipped. Or maybe thats just a state law in some areas? Has your credit card company said they have been charged the full amount. Special order could be an exception.

  12. #12Pete14682017-03-13 20:46

    I accept credit cards in my business and I've never run across that yet. Might be certain areas that it's true though.

  13. #13kenh2017-03-13 23:38

    Usually after 30 days you can dispute it with the CC and you will receive a refund (charges dropped from card) I have done it on a couple of occasions Sounds as if the shipper is giving you the run around.

  14. #14Pete14682017-03-16 17:55

    Well, my main part showed up today. Con equip called today to tell me it was lost and they didn't have a good tracking number. He did offer to refund my money if i sent back what I had already. They still have $200 worth of misc to send but he was relieved to know it showed up. So I'll wait until all my items show up.

  15. #15JS3002017-03-18 09:36

    Good to hear hopefully everything else will show up soon. I ordered a solonoid for my hot water pressure washer a few weeks ago and it never showed up, tracking # showed it was sitting in bfe for a week. I emailed the company and they sent another out and both parts showed up a few days later. Then got email from sender saying to wright "refused" on one and drop it in the mail, well 2 days later I got an email saying thanks we got our part back. I guess things get lost in mail sometimes.

  16. #16Pete14682017-03-22 07:20

    I finally got all the parts I ordered, I had to go to my dealer and buy them, send them an invoice and they're supposed to issue me a check.

  17. #17Pete14682017-03-29 18:01

    I finally have everything, had to go to my local dealer to get rest of parts and they returned that money to my credit card. All in all left a sour taste for them. I had to remind them on the parts they promised me with their email.

  18. #18treemover2017-08-28 22:59

    Interesting, talked to them today on a very expensive pump. Had a huge core charge on it, they were very very busy in trying to get me to buy it. Never experienced anything like it before. I decided to go to dealer, cost me 2k more but at least I know it's safe

  19. #19Pete14682017-08-28 23:07

    At least they quit sending me emails about how good they are. They finally made it right but I shouldn't have had all the problems I did or had to remind them about their email promising everything.