I've never posted on this forum but have found lots of good info so I'm hoping to find a solution to this problem. It's a case 2400 air cart in front of the concord drill, 40 foot, had the planter for a year is all. If you have one of these you are familiar with the hydo system, the depth adjustment is done with spacers on each cylinder. There are 12 cylinders and each is supposed to stop at the spacers, some on this one do and some don't. Some will be a 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the spacers and some will be down tight against them. I've phased them a hundred times and can not get them to go down. The only way to make them go down is to fidget with the cylinders that do go all the way down. Anyone have any ideas what could cause it? I've heard air in the system but phasing them should rid it but maybe not? Any help is appreciated.
Twisted/bent lift shaft, somewhere?:beatsme
I wish it was that easy, everything looks good and straight when they're extended.
Has anyone changed any of the cylinders. Most implements like yours have what I call a progressive hyd circuit in that all the cylinders have different size rods and pistons so that the oil leaves the rod end of one cyl and and enters the piston end of the next or vice versa, I can't remember which way. Anyway having the proper sized cyl in each position is critical in order for them all to work in concert. Mike
I believe it has had one cylinder replaced. And it does look like it works just as your explaining it. We bought it from a neighbor and he was as stumped as myself. Knowing him it would have been replaced with what it already had but you never know. I need to look at the manual and see if they are diff sizes or all the same.
The other question is if they are all bled? CaseIH used to put a little bypass passage on the sides of the lift cylinders to help do this automatically on series connected cylinders when you held the remote to raise the machine. Pretty obvious if they are there because the machine will drop a little when you stop lifting. I left Case right when they bought DMI so I dont know if they still do this. ISZ
I believe they are bled, it does just that, raise all the way then drop a little when I let off. I had the same problem last year just never really took the time to figure out what causes it. I had taken all the stops out and raised and lowered them at least 20 times just to be sure they were bled. It's just very strange how if I change the stop length on some cylinders it stops it in different spots on other cyls.
Those bleed by holding it in the raise position for a while. You have to force the air thru the bypass passages. If you measure the cylinder barrels they should progressively get smaller as you get farther from the center. (the wall thicknesses will be about the same at that size) If I remember correctly the diamerers should only change by a 1/4" from the previous cylinder. And what if the model number of the machine so I can find a picture. Rigid hitch or floating hitch with front wheels? ISZ