Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Concrete Removal and Pricing

DIGitDirt ยท 2010-01-25 13:05

HI guys, I have a bid coming up and was looking for some expert opinion on the subject matter. The job is around a county courthouse, removal of all concrete sidewalks for updates etc.. I will be using a larger mini x (Rubber Track w/thumb) / skid steer to do my removal and loading and hauling away with my tri axle mack. I am looking for an avg price many of you go by to start and adjust from there. Here are the numbers I am looking at. Roughly 183,337.5 SQ FT 181.5 Cubic Yards of Concrete 363,000 lbs. I figure in a perfect world 9 loads in Mack. With a little room to play I am saying 11. Also what do you all charge for saw cutting in concrete? All concrete on job is 3 inches thick. Thanks Guys let me know. Don DIGit Dirt Worx, Inc.

Replies8
  1. #1cat9802010-01-25 20:02

    do you have to pay to dump

  2. #2DIGitDirt2010-01-25 20:34

    No the area is surrounded by ag land and ppl are always looking for busted up concrete to use in gullies and such.

  3. #3CM19952010-01-25 21:29

    The only way to get close to 18 CY's of concrete in an 18 CY dump bed is to pour it in there wet and let it set up. Seriously I would add 30-40% fluff to your haul-off quantity. You just can't get a truck load of broken concrete without voids in the bed. You could pulverize the concrete but most of the times the extra equipment and labor is far more expensive than a few more truck loads, especially if there is no dump fees.

  4. #495zIV2010-01-25 21:51

    I just ran the numbers and if I could get someone else to run them that would be nice too, according to your numbers I get way more yardage then you do. 183,337.5 SQ FT X .25(3 inches)=45,834.375 CU FT 45,834.375 CU FT / 27(1 CU YD)=1697.5694 YDS Like I said, can someone else please check these?

  5. #5DIGitDirt2010-01-25 22:51

    wooooo.... big mistake... 19,337.5 sq ft sorry guys.. cant figure out where that number came from!!

  6. #6powerjoke2010-06-27 15:31

    4" concrete in saw'd slabs i can get roughly 9 ton in a 16' dump, that is just throwing them in with a loader or telehandler, not placing them with a hoe Pj

  7. #7stumpjumper832010-06-27 22:45

    ok, so the thread is from jan, which makes the work long since done. How close did the figures come?

  8. #8powerjoke2010-06-28 09:52

    lol, yeah i dint even catch the date lmao. Pj