Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Concrete splatter on my truck

WBC ยท 2014-10-01 07:27

I'm using my dump truck to haul wet concrete for a contractor. Truck isn't too nice but not junk by far. I was wondering if anyone on here knew of something to spray on the hood, fenders, mirrors, etc. to take the splatter off without hurting the paint and stuff.

Replies5
  1. #1BlazinSS9342014-10-01 09:44

    There are a few commercial products out there just google it. Also best preventative measure is to make sure you have a good paint sealant on the truck followed with some good wax

  2. #2WBC2014-10-01 09:54

    I had one guy tell me to spray it down with "baby-oil" as a preventive

  3. #3joispoi2014-10-01 14:55

    They must have something that they use on the trucks at the concrete plant. Ask them what they use and where to get it.

  4. #495zIV2014-10-01 19:18

    The stuff we used was a acid, could get a little rough on the paint jobs, it dissolved the cement and you had to get rid of the rest of it with a brush and water. If it was me, I'd go get a couple of gallon weed sprayer and fill it with water, and wash it off after loading, or since it sounds like you're loading out of a wet batch plant, they should have a hose around to spray it off with. Getting it off as soon as possible after getting it on the truck is the best approach.

  5. #5clintm2014-10-01 20:59

    spray the whole truck down with cooking oil it will wash off when your done (don't use soybean oil it won't come off) . I am around concrete truck's every day (concrete recycling yard) there's not really a magic formula to it there is a product from ZEP chemical called mud slide that works pretty good some of the other chemical companies have something similar but you have to be careful because the ones that work good will strip the paint or dull it real bad . if you wett the surface before it get's concrete on it it will not stick as bad. romix is another chemical co that has some pretty good products but I have found that plain new cooking oil works just as good. I have seen some dump trucks on road paving jobs put a plastic like saran wrap on the hood but I would just spray the whole truck with cooking oil don't forget to spray the back end down too rear end, frame and suspension ,air canister's hoses Exc from the splatter when dumping.most guys just plan on painting truck when done with job and charge accordingly