I'm on a job that requires 200+ feet of electrical conduit be installed. I'm using 3/4" PVC conduit that must be buried at 18". I know my time and materials on this job, but I don't want to leave anything on the table. Is there a going rate for this type of work?
Steve, I'll take a look tomorrow, but we're doing an underground service line with 1 4" and 2 2" pipes. I believe the cost is about $4k or just over. I'll confirm.
200 feet at 18" can be dug in just a couple hours, depending on the site. If it's a straight shot, it'll be an easy dig. I could do the job in a day myself very easily, 200 feet is only 20 sticks. Easiest way to handle that amount of conduit is to connect it above ground and just roll it into ditch every 3-4 sticks that you connect. Conduit is easy, no real need to worry about rocks but I will make sure the big stuff doesn't come crashing down on the line. Some guys charge by the foot, but out here the rock can be so varied that you could really lose your bottom line pretty quick charging by the foot.
If you are moving the machine in just for this job, you should at least get 4 hrs on the machine plus move in. The job should only take a few hrs including trenching, installing and backfilling. For 3" conduit and (2) 1.5" conduit in a 3' deep trench, I charge $9.50 per ft. I try to use 20' lenghts of pipe. I'll use the white sch40 in the middle and on each end I'll throw on a stick of gray sch 40. Saves a few pennies.