went to the conex show yesterday,. Thought it was the worse one ever.. Show was cut in half, less equipment, usually there are several pick up truck dealers showing, yesterday, not a one.. Saw one quad axle, one one ton, and two switch and go's... The local Deere dealers dominated as usual... Went to pull into the garage and it was blocked off, had to park next block over, which shouldn't be a problem, but for me, it is a major problem for walking.... I noticed even full bus loads can't get anywhere near the building. For a brand new center, it didn't show me much thought in design...
I'm surprised the show was so small the masscon was the same size and alot of equipment. They seam to build these places and don't worrie about anyone who drives to them . parking is always a pain just like the the JCL live show in RI. there garage does not take trucks really it would have to be a low on and no other signs for parking but the garage. Lets just say i never went back there for any other show. The Bayside expo in Boston pain to get to the parking rates much to high .
without trying to whine or flaunt it,, I have one leg that is braced heavily and not in good shape at all.. So, it makes it damned hard when I have to walk those distances for a show.. I had to find machines to sit on, every 8 or so minutes to rest 5 and walk another 8.. Didn't have that problem the past years when held at teh old farmers market..
parking garage is a freaking joke...worst design ive ever experienced....center is nice, carpet reminded me of Vegas...seem to be about the same size as last years...some different vendors
when we showed up, the parking garage was closed off to traffic, I didn't see any apparent reason for it so we went down the street as the lot across was full too... One of the show reps was at the Volvo display and did say a considerable drop in vendors compared to last year,,, In either case to or from, I didn't think much of the new building and I'm basing this on 18 years of hauling various trade shows myself. I just felt it is too far a distance, even for a simple bus to unload passengers being they can't get that close to the bldg... The whole thing didn't impress me much as years in the past..
I went yesterday for the first time and thought it was OK.There really was'nt much more they could have gotten into that place.Yeah-lots of Deere but I'm a Deere man so that was cool.Great show deals--saved $400 on a laser setup.For my convenience of using that parking garage,after I got my $10 voucher from the show,guess how much I still had to pay? $10--argued and was thinking of making a run for it ,but that damn arm was down:Banghead :Banghead
Thats why you should leave your plow on your truck all season. Hmm that sure looks like a nice parking garage arm. WACK!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!! I AM FREE:yup