Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CONEXPO 2011 – Vegas Mar 22 – 26 2011 – Anyone?

jagslynks · 2011-01-24 12:38

CONEXPO-CON/AGG will be the international gathering place in 2011 for the construction industries. Held every three years, the exposition showcases the latest equipment, products, services and technologies. The event will feature: Over 2,000 exhibitors A comprehensive education program during the five-day exposition with sessions emphasizing industry issues and trends, management and applied technology Product concentration areas making it easy for visitors to locate specific products, services and exhibitors of interest to them including hundreds of new products and technologies http://www.conexpoconagg.com/About/

Replies51
  1. #1junglejim2011-01-24 20:41

    I'll be there! I've been booked and paid since august. I am excited about it since I missed the last one. First one missed in 21 years.

  2. #2BigIron252011-01-31 01:26

    Im going for the whole week, booked at the luxor!

  3. #3HSV1272011-01-31 02:13

    I wish I could go, I'll be there next time for sure!

  4. #49420pullpan2011-02-01 15:55

    Ill be there all week. We need to set a time for all of us to get together. Like in 2008

  5. #5sandnsnow2011-02-02 15:23

    We gonna be there the whole week, weather better be good because I am tired of plowing snow for sure.

  6. #6cortlandj862011-02-02 16:56

    Can't wait to be in Vegas for the show. It should be an epic event. Hopefully John Deere has something as exciting as the bulldozer they unveiled in 2008.

  7. #7JoelDirt2011-02-03 23:06

    I wanna go, not fair. Can someone please take heaps of pics for those of us who are not as privileged PLEASE! Joel.

  8. #8casecx7002011-02-08 21:33

    i am going and can not wait to see cat's new truck they are comeing out with

  9. #9andoman2011-02-09 08:32

    I'll be there all week. We're always looking for new things that will help production, and renting a bike to go cruising during the winter is an added bonus.

  10. #10jkiser962011-02-10 18:08

    I just booked my rooms today & am waiting for my package from Topcon for the show. I have a friend that works for Topcon so we are getting a VIP package from them.

  11. #11Davo2011-02-10 18:28

    I would love to go but my personal jet is booked in to get the fly screens fixed that week... Sorry I... need some points!

  12. #12CM19952011-02-10 19:16

    I'll be there in spirit but unfortunately will not be able to attend this time. We had a blast last time!

  13. #13bsebastian2011-02-25 10:47

    Can't wait... I'm thumbing through the vendor list trying to get an idea of what i MUST see... the number in attendance is always so overwhelming.

  14. #14hitch2011-02-26 01:18

    I will be there too, whole week, I am from China and this is a long way, represent thounsands of endusers and operators in China, hope can meet some of the HEF fans there, My Phone No. is +86-13910159373 MSN: [email protected] . What I am looking forward to is the new series excavators of every brand, especially the Cat E series, Volvo C series; and Skid steer loaders, Articulated Trucks........ See you then guys, Please update news about the event.

  15. #15hitch2011-02-26 01:24

    It is a pity CM1995, If our HEF fans can hang out together, talking about Equipment things all around the world, that would be great!

  16. #16RHIT022011-02-28 12:05

    Anyone have a guess on what Deere will be unveiling? http://conexpo.deere.com/?int_cmp=BAC_Con_en_US_conexpo_homepagebug_01262011

  17. #17DBarron2011-03-01 12:35

    I can tell you that Deere has lots of new models, that's all I'm saying

  18. #18cortlandj862011-03-01 13:29

    Speaking of CONEXPO 2011. I came across this today on a John Deere blog. Should be pretty interesting stuff. Definitely worth a look. http://blog.machinefinder.com/3376/deere-to-unveil-conexpo-conagg-2011

  19. #19jkiser962011-03-04 18:05

    Just got my name tags in the mail. After the winter that we have had, I am counting the days until I can get away.

  20. #20CM19952011-03-04 19:53

    Thanks Hitch, I'm bummed about not being there as well. But our members that are attending should try and have a meet and greet. We did that last Conex and it was a fun time, met several good folks that have become good friends. Fortunately there will be another!:drinkup

  21. #21cmrhoades12011-03-04 22:11

    planning on going interested if there is going to be a meeting for people form this forum?????? like to put some faces to the names

  22. #22ILLICEMAN2011-03-05 19:06

    John deere :beatsmeI would not be surprised if they didn,t have some hybrid models.I assume the new K dozers will be there.

  23. #23tuney4432011-03-05 20:57

    My JD salesman says the new K series hoes will get unveiled.I'd love to go but I can't as I have to go to my cousin's wedding in Phoenix April 9.Flying has become too damn expensive.If anybody gets over to the new Encore,say hello to my son--he's at the concierge dep't.

  24. #24ILLICEMAN2011-03-06 12:38

    I think you mean K series dozers.

  25. #25tuney4432011-03-06 13:17

    No,I don't remember stuttering---backhoes

  26. #26cortlandj862011-03-07 10:37

    I am really excited about this event. It's getting closer every day. Hope you all are as excited and pumped up as I am.

  27. #27AmerIndependent2011-03-07 14:57

    Is anybody else attending the "Fleet Equipment Strategies--Repair Vs. Replace Vs. Rebuild Vs. Scrap" session?

  28. #28cortlandj862011-03-08 17:29

    I hadn't planned on attending the "Fleet Equipment Strategies--Repair Vs. Replace Vs. Rebuild Vs. Scrap" session, but there is a great educational session on emissions regulations you may want to check out. I've read a few things about the regulations so far and it could be a really big help for folks. Check out this link and it will tell ya exactly what they are planning to cover and see if it may help you out. http://blog.machinefinder.com/3621/education-sessions-conexpo

  29. #29Hidromek-online2011-03-11 21:22

    Hidromek will be at the Las Vegas show Visit our booth at CONEXPO. See our updated products; know more about new generation GEN Series excavators. - Visite nuestro stand en la CONEXPO 2011 - Feria de Las Vegas. Conoce nuestros nuevos productos, aprender más acerca de la nueva generación excavadoras 'GEN Series'.

  30. #30ILLICEMAN2011-03-15 10:06

    I have it.This machine will be a electric powerd back hoe.Basic design like the Cat.D7E.

  31. #31Water Doc2011-03-16 22:00

    I will see you all there.

  32. #32cortlandj862011-03-17 09:46

    Have any of you heard about John Deere unveiling something? Evidently it's supposed to be something revolutionary, heck idk. My brother sent me this story about it earlier today and he doesn't know much about machinery and isn't that big into it at all so that tells me something. it seems pretty interesting to me. here is a link to the story

  33. #33demo2011-03-17 20:39

    booked at the rio from sun night to thurs. really looking forward to the show....

  34. #34hitch2011-03-18 12:53

    If folks in HEF can meet and have a time talking to know each other, that would be great!!!!!! I'm looking forward to this happen. Is there a coordinator or contact of our HEF fans person in the Conexpo site? Hope I can conect this guy.

  35. #35ILLICEMAN2011-03-20 09:47

    JOHN DEERE. More on the innovation from JD.I still feel this is a hybrid unit.The concept is about the same as the Cat D7E. This is a tractor loader backhoe.The middle covered unit is a full production model that is or is very close to what will be available to the public.The other two are the same but one is a stripped down with out cab,loader,backhoe of the main unit.The other covered unit will be a cutaway of the main covered unit. So much for this.I might be 100% wrong I guess we well have to see Cheers Jim

  36. #36cortlandj862011-03-22 11:12

    JOHN DEERE. Whatever Deere is set to reveal, they are making it out to be something quite revolutionary. Check out this post from one of their blogs. I can't make it down there at that time, but this article says that you can watch it live on their website. hopefully all of that works out with no bugs! anyway, here is the link to that article if you're interested. http://blog.machinefinder.com/3786/conexpo-deere-to-unveil

  37. #37CM19952011-03-22 12:00

    I think the link has already been posted but here it is again - http://events.deere.com/ You can watch it live. It unveils in about an hour.

  38. #38Blacksmoke072011-03-22 16:51

    wasnt expecting that...

  39. #39JimBruce422011-03-22 19:24

    am I the only one a little underwhelmed by the mobile video confessional booth?

  40. #40Blacksmoke072011-03-22 19:25

    underwhelmed isnt the word

  41. #41hvy 1ton2011-03-22 21:46

    Agreed. The first 2 were pretty cool though.

  42. #42cat 3852011-03-22 23:00

    can't wait for friday!!!!!!!

  43. #43928G Boy2011-03-23 01:13

    I'm just in San Fransisco Airport right now gettin' on the plane to Vegas... My first con expo

  44. #44928G Boy2011-03-23 23:36

    At the John Deere booth: The hybrid John Deere loaders seem pretty cool but i was personally shocked and appalled by the lack of a lever for the box controls on their new rock trucks. I think the box is one of those things you need good control of for spreading road base or in an emergency if the box starts to roll on you... I want a lever in those situations, not some stupid button!!!!! That track converted 740 rock truck and scraper is pretty damn cool but rubber pads on the tracks? ***? Are they planning to run the scraper on pavement more often than dirt?

  45. #45DGrocho2011-03-25 08:57

    You can probably choose the lever or the button when ordering a machine. Their previous model had that option as well.

  46. #46928G Boy2011-03-25 11:27

    oh that's good then. Not sure why you'd ever want buttons personally.

  47. #47raolela2011-03-26 20:52

    it should be a amazing exhibition for construction machines, I 'd like to be there..... glamorous

  48. #48637slayer2011-03-27 13:47

    where are all the pics, did any one sit in the 27h, where are all the opinions, especially the pics, i seen the demo vids. the less fortunate are still waiting

  49. #49AmerIndependent2011-03-28 16:44

    I did sit in the 627H but I'm not an operator, maybe a combined 5 minutes behind the wheel of a scraper, so don't expect much out of my take on it. But wow was it comfortable! Felt like i was sitting in a luxury car, with about as many controls as an airplane cockpit. It was a huge difference compared to the 627E I last sat in. The visibility was better than what I'm used too, and the can-cam was nice too. The Cat people told me that they were going to be lowering the dash even more so visibility will be even better by the time they're actually using them.

  50. #50637slayer2011-04-08 11:54

    thanx for the reply, it looked really comfortable in the vid, it just makes me wonder why they changed so much from the g. i been running a 37g steady for a year now the position of the seat feels comfortable, but your body the way you sit sideways seems like your body is taking the pressure of the bouncing on weird angles, idk if that makes sense, thanx again

  51. #51cortlandj862011-04-27 15:04

    here is a pretty neat article about opportunities with OEMs. it was done in the john deere chat box at conexpo http://blog.machinefinder.com/3999/conexpo-conagg-chat-voices