Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Conicidence that unplugging the JCB Livelink ECU solved my missing signal fault codes?

baxter28 ยท 2023-05-19 14:02

Went to startup my JCB 3CX after sitting for 2 weeks (when it ran fine), and it threw a bunch of fault codes (no oil level data, engine power data missing, water in fuel sensor missing data, etc). I checked all the connections to the engine ECU, nothing out of order. Traced some wiring to under the access panel for the instrument cluster/etc, and found an ECU looking box (728/C6423, the Livelink controller with the SIM card, GPS, etc) hidden under a ton of sand/mud. It had snowed a bit the last week, and while covered a bit looks like all the leftover Florida sand was completely wet. I removed the ECU and opened it up - wet inside, and the LiPo battery was about to explode I cleaned everything up, reset the fault codes and everything is back to normal. My guess is that the Livelink was shorting/grounding something out that reports sensor data back to the Livelink for remote monitoring?

Replies1
  1. #1NH575E2023-05-20 11:57

    Sounds like it needed a good cleaning and reboot. You got lucky. Might want to try protecting it from the elements better. I'm surprised to see one of those foil wrapped batteries in it. I have some cheap cameras that have them. They expand out and fail pretty often.