Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Connecticut?

stretch ยท 2008-11-11 16:42

Wondering what large projects were going on in CT right now, since I need some new subjects to photograph since the local ones are wrapping up. Only ones I can think off the top of my head are the Route 72 extension in Plainville, Route 7 in Wilton, and Route 2 in East Hartford/Glastonbury. Thanks! :notworthy

Replies3
  1. #1earthworkscc2008-11-11 17:38

    O&G is doing 2 plus miles of new road (RT 7) Brookfield New Milford. If you spend some time driving around the site you maybe able to find some interesting bridge work, Thru a old quarry and some wet lands. Not sure what equipment is still working. Also farther up Rt7 in New Milford they are building a 200,000+ sqft shopping center. They are not out of the ground yet at the shopping center still grading. Another one could be a hugh condo development in Danbury. It is right off I84 exit 1 up on the hill, not sure what they have going on though.

  2. #2dist32008-11-11 18:03

    O&G is working on site work in Middletown for a power plant. I beleive they are a partner in the project. River Road is the location. I think most of the rock work is done but still alot of earth work going on.

  3. #3stretch2008-11-15 17:55

    Thanks guys, I'm not in western CT much and missed the CAMA show in Sept...:Banghead I'm through mIddletown more often so I'll see abut a quick detour next time.