Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Considering buying a Cat 279c

05rammer ยท 2018-11-10 17:20

I have found a 279c high flow with 2500hrs cab heat and air, looks to be in pretty good condition. Was wondering what the good and bad are of this machine.

Replies3
  1. #1Canadian_digger2018-11-11 08:27

    What do you plan on doing with it? I had one. Was a good machine till you put a heavy attachment on the front. I ran a brush cutter and the tracks would de rail often.

  2. #205rammer2018-11-11 09:14

    Mostly dirt work, would like to put a brush cutter/forestry mulcher on it. Did yours have the triple flange idler. I need to ask if this one does, it's a 2013

  3. #3Canadian_digger2018-11-11 19:00

    I replace one rear idler with a triple flange. Didn't seem to make much of a difference. Both sides would still come off. May need triple flang front and rear to make the track stay on. but they are not cheap.