Considering Kubota SVL 90-2 or Case TR340 or New Holland C238 All 3 are 90hp, High Flow, AC Cabs with Pilot controls Similar prices. The Case and New Holland both have 3 year/ 3000 hour warranties. But which is the best for running a mulched head, Reliability and durability? :Banghead
Kubota beats them all. Would not even consider anything except for Kubota or Cat. Cat was quoted to us at 125k and Kubota at 65-75. Guess what we took. The Kubota is comfortable (im 6' 7'' and I fit) and it is smooth riding. Plenty of power, and will easily move heavy objects.
Thank you for the input CatofAmerica
I am curious Cat, for 65-75?? did that include High Flow? I know you have a cab in Texas.
A loaded SVL90-2 is in the low 70's before tax. I have my used SVL90-2 listed in the low 50's with under 300 hours on it. Great machine, but I don't use it enough to keep it around... maybe. I did an industrial mowing job with it Friday, I have another two to do. I can invest that money elsewhere and make a better return.
Here in ND, last fall we could have got a 90 with high flow for $64,000. We chose to go with a 770 Bobcat and do not regret it. The Case/New Holland has a major flaw in the hydraulics. When you are rolling the bucket back after dumping, the loader function will slow way down, and using the aux hydraulics will slow the other functions as well. This was on a brand new TV380. The Case salesman admitted it was a problem; some guys notice it, others don't. If you're stuck on either Case or Kubota, get the 90. The hydraulics are as good as the Bobcat.
I spoke to the Bobcat dealer, but he couldn't the price down to compete with the others without stripping the machine. Thanks for the input from everyone. It sounds like the Kubota is the way to go.
The 340 will out run the Kubota running a mulcher head and it wont be close if you get the Enhanced highflow on the CASE. It makes 4K psi at about 36 gpm . The 340 makes more engine torque as well. The E high flow is a great feature if your running those high demand attachments. I have it on my TR320. I have not run a Kubota since they first came out. Demo them all and tell us what you think, I would like to hear what your thoughts are. If your running a mulcher, I would pass on the 238. You don't need the vertical lift for that application and the CASE is better in that application.
Yes I think we got out at like 66 for cab with a/c and heat with high flow. That is in ft worth area. They were 4K cheaper then others. That's for the kubota.
I priced a 299D with highflow (not the XHP model but the XPS) and it was high 80's.
Just a heads up, I was at my dealer the other day and he was saying the next generation SVL90 will be a 95 and it will be longer and heavier than the current one. He said they had to stretch it to fit all the other emission crap, I guess it will have DEF too....
I have driven them all at the dealers. I am not am experienced operator so my comparisons won't mean much. But all three are comfortable. The Kubota certainly is the easiest to get in and out of, but has the least gauges and the Windshield fluid tank sitting out in the cab is odd, but the buttons are big. The New Holland and Case have very small buttons. I liked the New Holland cab the best but it didn't look like they thought about maintenance as much as Kubota. The Kubota also looks like it has a heavier track system. 5 rollers vs 4.
Yeah I honestly feel like Cat salesman made a mistake. It was cold and he was going home earlier. There was a lot of "not exactly sure, can you check back on Monday" kind of stuff going on. He told me 125k which was a joke. He lost a sale because of it.
Yes the cab is big and easy to clean in the svl90. I'm 6'7" and don't have much trouble getting in and out.