Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Construction show in NJ

hammerdwn20 ยท 2008-05-27 15:05

I saw a Sign for a historic construction equpiment show in Mt hope NJ. Does anyone know if its at the millington quarry or if there are any other shows around? Thanks Frank

Replies16
  1. #1stretch2008-05-27 15:54

    Yes, I believe that's the Easy Diggin' Chapter of the HCEA, I heard about it last year but I wasn't able to make it. Maybe this year?

  2. #2kamerad472008-05-27 16:26

    It's im the tilcon quarry in mt hope

  3. #3tonka2008-05-27 17:42

    http://www.tilconny.com/nnman/publish/tilcon_open_house.shtml

  4. #4hammerdwn202008-05-27 19:55

    nice the sign said the 20-21 of june 9-3 i think. Anyone going?

  5. #5antnyk2008-05-27 20:39

    not far for me so I might give it a shot. Anyone ever go before? Any reviews?

  6. #6diversified man2008-05-27 22:30

    there are a lot of old dumptrucks there not too much equiptment to me it was just ok i would waste my time going again...

  7. #7celticcrusader2008-06-03 20:49

    10 or 15 yrs ago it was very good but it is losing every year, I go to a show near Mt.Bethel/Bangor,PA. area put on by the blue mt. steam engine club @ Jacktown Fair Grounds they do it 3or 4 times a year great show and very large flea market.

  8. #8hammerdwn202008-06-05 19:45

    celtic, is there a place where i can get some more info about this show

  9. #9celticcrusader2008-06-05 20:06

    I will talk to some of the guys that go and i will pass the info on, it might take me a week or so, what part of jersey you from?

  10. #10tonka2008-06-05 21:14

    um^^^^^ look up !

  11. #11celticcrusader2008-06-05 21:49

    tonka: we are talking about the jacktown pa show

  12. #12tonka2008-06-05 22:30

    ahh sorry my bad, the tilcon show is this weekend to tho...

  13. #13hammerdwn202008-06-06 19:55

    celtic im from piscataway. i dont think im going to have time to go to tilcon this weekend

  14. #14Buckethead2008-06-06 23:04

    Re: Mt Hope Quarry I think the quarry open house is different than the historical equipment show at the quarry. The historical show is the weekend of June 21 and 22.

  15. #15hammerdwn202008-06-07 18:47

    thats what i thought buckethead. i might be able to make that one

  16. #16JJK2008-06-11 09:15

    I live right by Tilcon. Its pretty nice, but nothing huge. They put out some of their larger machines, free food & usually a few equipment dealers will show up with a backhoe or something else. They mainly do it for the kids though, I take my brother every year. I know there is a landscape tradeshow in February every year and every dealer in NJ shows up for that one. Nothing huge though, TLBs, skids & minis....