Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Container Truck

kubota123 ยท 2008-05-12 02:17

I'm looking into buying a container hauler truck. I was talking to one of the local garbage men and I guess you can make quite a bit of money. He didn't know exactly what they were charging but I guess it is rewarding. I was wondering if anyone had any information prices on these things. I was thinking about ordering one myself to test the pricing market. Anyways thanks fsor any info.

Replies1
  1. #1euclid2008-05-12 08:38

    I'll throw out a few questions that may be useful. 1. What are your plans besides hauling? Will it be residental or something bigger? 2. Are you in a big community? Are there unions? What about contracts? 3. What about land fill fees and linceses? I wanted to throw those out because before you get a truck you need to know you can get a job, some places people get real funny about competition. About 15 years ago I thought about getting a rollback to haul cars. Well I found out that I have to have a license, union approval in the area I was looking, then if I wanted to get like the local cops on I had to pay big bucks, and so on and I put the final figures down and opted out of that idea. So maybe some other folks could give more up to ideas to this subject. if you decide to go this way I hope you'll do well because it is a valid service need.