Hello people, anyone know anything about being contracted by a company? I'm new to the industry and was kind of expecting to be hired by a company... end of story.... but instead, I have been offered a job grading a road year round as a contractor, using their grader (140 H Cat) but not as an employee directly. Do I need special insurance or WCB registration etc? Will I have to get a GST or (HST whatever) number? The employer said they weren't sure and I haven't been able to get the name of the previous operator yet. Any info would be much appreciated as the pay is not great and if I have to put out a ton of cash it may not be worth it. Thanks, Dirty Girl xo
you have to start your own company and run it as one including all insurance and saftey courses you need. Here in AB 99 percent of the time you also must supply a pickup fuel tank hand tools grease gun etc. (charge out 100 to 150 extra a day) you also have to do your own taxes and pay the goverment as applicable in your area. Is it worth it well I wont take a job on contract for under 32 an hour.
Thanks Cummins05 I will have to think this one over a bit more then. I was offered 30 but no LOA or OT and I would be relocating to the boonies. lol