Hi, My name is Kevin and I'm new to this forum. I've been reading a lot on here lately, but this is my first post. My son bought a Cat 330CL and I am putting a pattern changer in it. My question is regarding the colored bands with corresponding letter/number codes on them (ie. R1,L1, etc.) on the pilot lines. Are those colors/codes the same on all Cat excavators and can anyone help me with which ones I need to switch to get the John Deere pattern? I am installing the Holmbury control valve between the joysticks and the pressure block under the cab. Thanks in advance for any help.
It would be most helpful to post up a serial number.
Serial number CAT0330CJHAA00447
OK, so you have a grey import machine orignally only built for the Japanese market and not for export outside that market. There is no info on the system for HAA-prefix but the equivalent is a KDD-prefix machine built in Japan but exported worldwide. Useful when you need parts. The attached is for machine models a bit older than yours but ought to still be relevant. The bands should be the same colour with the same letters on them. Take careful note of the lettering (aL3, bL4, etc) marked on the pilot ports of the main control valve. That will also help you.
Thank you. We knew it is a grey machine and that might create certain challenges.
It shouldn't do provided that you get the correct Parts Manual. See below. An Operation & Maintenance Manual would be SEBU7442, a Parts Manual SEBP3365, and a Service Manual RENR5440. If you want the original Japanese Parts Manual, which will work believe me, get XEBP7932.
Thanks for all the rapid replies. I was able to locate and buy an OMM manual. I'm having trouble finding the parts and service manual. Can you point me in the right direction?
Here's a used Parts Manual. Good price as well - new they are more than double that. CAT Caterpillar 330c L Parts Manual Book Catalog Excavator C-9 Engine SN Jab KDD for sale online | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for CAT Caterpillar 330c L Parts Manual Book Catalog Excavator C-9 Engine SN Jab KDD at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com And here's a service manual. Again about half new price. CAT Caterpillar 330C 330C L SERVICE SHOP REPAIR MANUAL EXCAVATOR JAB KDD RBH CYA | eBay Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for CAT Caterpillar 330C 330C L SERVICE SHOP REPAIR MANUAL EXCAVATOR JAB KDD RBH CYA at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products! www.ebay.com
Thank you Nige. I ordered both. This is what's going on this machine when I'm not building roads.
The The attachment, or the split tail???
The wench would probably end up costing more than the winch
So this is now sexist pig central? Come on do better.
Triggered.