Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

convert 3 manual spools to 4 in 1 and a 3rd service on volvo L30

aidank ยท 2009-08-31 18:18

gentlemen, we have one of these machine at home a volvo L30 1992 machine http://www.volvo.com/constructioneq...aders/Wheel+Loaders+Volvo+BM/Volvo+BM+L30.htm it has 3 manual spools to operator the loader, one for up down, one for tilt up down and one for third service father was asking the other day what would have to be done to give him a 4 in one and a third service got me thinking, I reckon you would have to change the valve chest (got off a newer scrapped telehandler) or would it be possible to convert to some type of electric joystick using actuators, never heard of it being done so just asking

Replies4
  1. #1cps2009-08-31 19:29

    A costomers L30 is set up the way you want it, it has i diverter valve mounted on it that diverts the flow from the 3rd fuction at the flick of a switch! Very simple to do just uses a 24v feed to the diverter! Il get some prices and get back to you, not very dear!

  2. #2aidank2009-09-08 06:44

    the diverter valve is not quite what I'm on about CPS, I know what you mean though, with a diverter valve setup you would have a lever that does one OF two functions depending on whether the diverter valve is engaged or not. the auld lad is on about a true 4in1, that can perform 2 functions at once I was thinking you would need valves like this to convert a loading shovel, never seen a manual valve converted to one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-BANK-PROPOR...in_3?hash=item2c50c54104&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 or this maybe http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-0811404...in_3?hash=item19b1f73711&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 maybe I am completely wrong.....

  3. #3cps2009-09-08 08:03

    Am i right in saying that you are wanting a one lever joy stick set up!

  4. #4aidank2009-09-09 03:32

    not quite a joystick, but I see it as the easiest way to accomplish a true 4 in 1, given the position of the valve chest on the volvo