Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Converting Stone

landrvrnut22 ยท 2007-11-27 15:00

I used to have a conversion chart to convert from yards of stone to ton of stone for different stone types. Anyone have one? I have searched the internet but havent found anything. I am looking for 1&2's, #57, #304, #308, sand. This is one of those things everyone needs, but no one seems to have. Someone has to have these. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1mlepely2007-11-29 21:05

    Call the quarry. If they are DOT approved then they should have a lab and also a conversion chart for their stone. They usually are easy to get info out of if you buy stone. State stone numbers differ. PADOT AASHTO #1 or #4, when bidding I use 1.5 ton/CY when buying 1.25 ton/CY, #57 or 2B 1.65/1.5, 2A/subbase 2.2/2.0 compacted. Check with quarry, they will get you close numbers.

  2. #2landrvrnut222007-11-30 16:29

    Thanks, thats what I was looking for. I didnt need exact numbers, just some numbers for take-off.

  3. #3fensoncont.2008-01-02 00:25

    Since 1's and 2's are getting close to rip rap I might suggest 1.6, on the 57/304 1.5 is perfect.