Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Converting to tubeless

Entropy1 ยท 2025-09-10 11:20

I picked up six new tires for my 1957 CAT-12 grader (Galaxy MPC 13.00-24). Is is possible to use an o-ring and convert to tubeless, or should I stick with flaps & tubes? I'm not sure if the CAT-12 wheels are compatible for an o-ring seal? The plan is to blast & paint the rims while they're apart.

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-09-10 14:50

    Dont they have a big slot cut in the wheel for the valve stem. I dont thinknthell be a groove for the oring to sit in your probably going to have to stay with tubes

  2. #2Entropy12025-09-10 18:45

    I haven't pulled them apart yet. I watched a video on how to install o-rings on grader tires. The rims in the video (newer generation CAT grader) look purpose built/machined to achieve a tubeless seal. I'm pretty sure the rims on my CAT-12 were stamped out on a large press.

  3. #3cuttin edge2025-09-11 20:56

    My understanding is that it is possible to put a tube in a tubeless wheel, but not the other way around