Hi all, I am considering purchasing an aftermarket long reach set up for our Volvo 210 shovel. The set up comes with the boom, dipper, bucket cylinder, and a grading bucket. Does anyone have a machine that they swap booms as necessary or in general knows whether or not the same cylinders that are on my standard boom will work for the long reach set up or will I be looking at also purchasing different stroke length lift cylinders and dipper cylinder. Any help much appreciated. From what I've been told this aftermarket assembly is specifically manufactured for the Volvo EC 210 B as well as LC models.
Good day Gbgno From the best of our information the boom cylinders are the same for both Long reach as Standard see attached for more information. Kind regards Uffex
Thanks Uffex much appreciated
I dont see any mention of heavier slab in your list of items in this conversion kit. You will definitely be front heavy and lack stability without a heavier slab/counterweight
The don't usually put more weight on the back for long reaches. They just tell you to use a tee spoon for a bucket. I've also seen limiters put on the pilots to slow down the movements of the implements and swing to try to decrease the shock loading of sudden starts and stops. I put a couple of those fronts on gray market Komatsu machines and didn't do that. One went to a rental place and they tore up the stick and boom something terrible. The other to an owner operator who had no problems at all.