Not sure if this is a good place to put this or not, but where are places to buy conveyor belting from, mine is in a different application, but uses very similar belting as those found on aggregate conveyors. Thanks in advace for any ideas or suggestions you might have.
Randy,,, I've ordered some from RB Scott http://rbscott.com/ and also from US Bearings and Drive's (Parent Company is http://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/index.html ) Both company's give extremely good service. Hope this helps you out. Grandpa
Depending on what you need, if used belt can do, any of the local quarries will usually have rolls of belting around, and most would happily make a deal to get rid of it.. Some is worn past use, but a lot of it that is replaced would still give a lot of service in a lower production setting, or with lighter materials. I have about a dumpster load of used belt to get rid of, but shipping from here would be prohibitive. Good luck
Thanks guys, my trencher needs a new belt in it and the trencher place wants about 80 bucks a foot for a new one, I'm not sure what everyone else charges, so I thought that I'd check around some first, a wider belt that I could cut narrower would be ideal, I"ll check with the local quarries to see what they have laying around, I only need one about 10-15 feet long is all.
How thick is the belt you need to replace,,, and no. of ply's?
Grandpa, I've been trying to get that information from the manufacturer, but found out yesterday, they won't tell me, I'll have to figure out how to come up with an educated guess, the edges of the belt are worn thin, and now I need to get a caliper and try to figure it out off the belt splicing, as soon as I come up with something I'll get back to you, thanks for the replies and help.
How about a pic of the trencher contraption.
Pictures of the trencher belt, this old one has cleats, but I want to try a belt without cleats on it, as for the number of ply's, by the looks of it maybe two, I'll have to caliper the thickness of the belt yet, but I had help loading pictures right now so we're working on that instead.
Yup.... two ply conveyor belt....flexco hinged belt fastner's..... If you were closer you could dig in my bone pile.... but your not. Lmao, . You can readily get that stuff. They'll ask you how thick a cover you want on the two plys. That's how thick the top rubber is... I would imagine that's about a 3/16's cover . When you put the new one on, the thick side goes to the dirt. You'd be surprised how many belts one see installed upside down...... Grandpa.
Here's the fastner,,, make sure to get the special wrench for tightening the nuts http://emurdock.com/flexco550steelbolthingedfasteners.aspx http://emurdock.com/100-wrenchhandtool.aspx
Thanks grandpa for the information.
Aren't you supposed to be in your tornado shelter about now?
Probably, but I don't want to miss it coming, someone has to be the one taking pictures.