Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cool old IH school Bus

Hank R ยท 2023-06-25 22:35

Came across this bus at Osoyoos east of me. It was sitting outside of JL Custom's the build high end show cars etc. I am thinking a cool ride for going to truck shows with...

Replies14
  1. #1Hank R2023-06-25 22:37
  2. #2Steve Frazier2023-06-25 22:42

    Nice find!

  3. #3Old Doug2023-06-26 07:34

    We have a pickup that year i think its about the ugliest front clip ever but it kind of works on the bus.

  4. #4OzDozer2023-06-26 08:02

    I like it! But I think the Australian-built AA series was a nicer-looking truck. Here's one my local scrap dealer dragged in, about 18 mths ago. He didn't send her to China, he sold it off to someone who is going to restore it.

  5. #5sfrs42023-06-26 08:16

    I got to drive one of those in pretty much the same configuration for seeding out Western Australia back in 1996, it was old and tired back then, I'd hate to think what its like now lol

  6. #6Hank R2023-06-26 10:27

    I am thinking it is a 1959 IH.

  7. #7skyking12023-06-26 10:33

    Yeah that's cool I see a 6BT under the hood but I see those everywhere.

  8. #8excavator2023-06-26 14:50

    I have one almost identical buried in the blackberries out back. 1957 to early sixties were hard to tell the difference.

  9. #9Truck Shop2023-06-26 21:13

    Close--with that grille-used two years, 1957 1/2 anniversary model, 1958.

  10. #10Truck Shop2023-06-26 21:17

    I see a straight six with cracked spark plug wires and carb leaking fuel.

  11. #11excavator2023-06-26 22:50

    BD 263 or 264? if I remember right.

  12. #12skyking12023-06-27 01:11

    In my dreams I see a 6bt.

  13. #13Old Doug2023-06-27 07:52

    The one we have must be a 1958 it has a white grill. Its John Deer green because it was owned by the local JD dealer. The paint on it must have been very good it stayed on great and they did a good job but before that it was a very nice blue. Its engine was worn out smoked bad i drove it some when i was 16 . I pulled the engine and was going to rering it but it was about a 1/6 over from all the wear so for 41 years its sat with the engine laying in the bed covered with the hood. There is a guy that sells IH stuff not far from here i need to see if he wants it.

  14. #14DMiller2023-08-04 16:09

    At least NOT a R190