I have a 2013 ZX470 Hitachi that has a code for ECT Meter. When I read the meter temp, it reads 120C, but the ECM value is 20C (ambient temp after cold soak). The gauge in the cab is pegged out and causing an alarm. Not finding much in the manuals on how to troubleshoot or repair this. The wiring to the sensor and the sensor itself look fine. When I unplug the sensor the ECM value drops to -40C as expected, but the Meter value stays at 120C. How can I fix this? Codes that set immediately after clearing are: 20101-02 and 20114-02. Also has a 132-04 code.
Welcome to HEF Talon1527 . Do you have a serial number ? There is generally (2) temperature sensors /senders , one for the guage and one for ECM
Thank you for the reply. Here you go: HCNJAA70A0030073
The parts catalogue at Deere isn’t showing much for coolant temperature sensors …strange ! IIRC, the one for the gauge is a one wire wire sender in the cylinder head.
I'm by no means any kind of expert on Hitachi, but, there are two temperature sensors. First on is dash gauge, and second is for ECM, I think.
Thank you so much! This was very helpful. I didn't realize I was missing this portion of the troubleshooting manuals.
Thank you everyone for the help. I was finally able to get back to diagnosing this machine after weeks of distractions....found a short to ground where the wire from the overheat switch splices into the harness by the alternator. Easy fix after all!