Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

coolant overflow bottle….

jc8 ยท 2016-09-28 13:41

I have an '86 JD 544d...can't seem to find an overflow bottle for it, what's a good alternative? I live in northern ontario so no close salvage yards....just something dirt simple, I'm worried about volume more than anything Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1lantraxco2016-09-28 13:56

    Don't think it came with one from the factory. Something like these might work, half gallon capacity, Lordco mebbe?: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-54002/overview/ https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-603-001/overview/

  2. #2walkerv2016-09-28 14:06

    if you must have one find any thing plastic that you have room to mount somehow, soda bottle , window washer fluid bottle , really about anything will work . got an old beater car layying around in the woods somewhere that you know of could be a source for one also .and as lantraxo just stated about it not being built with one alot of older stuff just has a drain tube on it so it flows overboard

  3. #3jc82016-09-28 14:57

    Ok good to know...I have the manuals but I'm missing a good chunk in the parts one! I will just put on some sort of catch bottle than! Thanks! JC

  4. #4fast_st2016-09-29 06:07

    Johndeere.com, parts, construction parts, lower right parts lookup put in your model, search away

  5. #5jc82016-09-29 08:16

    Thanks for the info on parts on-line...looks like it was just a hose...no container, I might put a small bottle there just to keep any messes off the floor!

  6. #6thepumpguysc2016-09-29 09:11

    Yup.. a 2 liter bottle of your favorite soda.. drill a hole in the cap for the hose and zip tied to the frame..

  7. #7Delmer2016-09-29 11:26

    The radiator top tank is designed not to be filled to the top with coolant, if you fill it to the proper level it will never overflow unless you have a problem, then you want to know about it. The proper level is usually an inch below the neck.