Has anyone tried one of these? I saw a 12v model at the equipment show. Salesman said it would do 3 tubes of grease on a battery. It came with 2 batteries, charger and case. Cost was $330.00 but remember I'm in Canada. Is this junk? Looks like it would save a ton of time.
The make was a Lincoln. Thanks.
I have a lincolin thats going on 4years old now............pumped a lot of grease with it. its been a good tool for me, been droped a few times and takes the daily abuse of riding in my service truck. paid $230US for it with 2 batteries but I see them for around $200 here now. Alamite also makes one now that I hear is as good as the Lincolin but weights 1lb less.........it also is around $200 here.
We have one and it works great. Once in a blue moon it's hard to prime a new tube but other then that not a problem.
So I guess you guys would recommend them? I look after my stuff pretty good so I think it would last for me. Does it save you much time or is it more of a "hand saver"?
I'm in the process of charging the battery of a lincoln 12 volt grease gun. I think it's called a "power luber" or something like that. It was given to me after completing a small clearing job this week in addition to being paid for the work. I'll be trying it out tomorrow when I service my tractor. It should be a real time and hand saver in tight areas.
Thought I'd update my time with the gun. It has worked flawlessly so far, what a time saver. The battery will do about 3 tubes of grease before it dies. Once in awhile it'll take an extra minute to bleed it of air when I put in a new tube but other than that it works awesome. I figure it'll pay for itself by not making me lazy and skipping a grease job or putting it off causing premature wear.
Ok, I figured I'd do the same. My grease gun has also worked perfectly, but I haven't kept track of how many tubes of grease I can run between charges. I'll admit at first I didn't think it'd work very well, but it works great. If I was to guess, it'd probably do close to three tubes between charges. Here's a tip I learned from a mechanic for bleeding grease guns. Hopefully this will make sense and I know it works well with Lincon manual and battery operated guns. Pull the plunger out and lock it in place. Then unscrew the tube from the pump and remove the old cartridge. Take the plastic cover off a new tube of grease and insert it in the gun tub first. Then pull the metal cover off the end of the grease tub and start threading it into the pump. Don't screw it in all the way, but leave it pretty loose. Then unlock the plunger and spring pressure will push air out through the threads. Then at the same time, start pumping grease and slowly screwing the tub all the way in. If done right, you'll start getting grease after 4 or 5 pumps and the air is completely purged. I usually stick the end of the hose in a small can or garbage can because I usually pump 2 or 3 shots of grease out before I'm done. I've gone through a box of tubes using this method and I haven't had to crack the pump vent once. This works great and it only takes a minute, two at the most to change a tube. I'm sure many of you all ready know this, but lets just say I used to use other methods for changing tubes of grease before someone showed me an easier way:Banghead Hopefully this will help someone
Thanks for the updates & tips guys!
I couldnt live with out mine lol on my Little PC 50 with the articulated boom got about 15 or 2o alemites in all. Takes a whole 5 minutes the grease it with the Lincoln electric. Plus on the scraper at work its great to.
Anyone else have trouble with the Lincoln going through batteries? I'm on my 3rd battery in 3 years. They last about 9 months then won't hold a charge. I have a truck charger and a 110 v and it doesn't make any difference, by October or so this one will be done. I've bought the last 2 through Buzzard Gulch on Ebay for $63.00 or so, Lincoln through a dealer was about $75 and doesn't last any better.
Thats how ive always done it, except another tip to keep your hands a little less greasy is to take the pump off, then pull back the plunger and push it back in(sometimes you need to do it a few times to get the tub out all the way), usually pushes the old tube right out, then you can just knock it on a garbage can or the machine or whatever and it falls right out.
Try the 14.4 luber....I love it! I have run through no less then 10 tubes between charges.
Cordless grease guns -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Has anyone tried one of these? I saw a 12v model at the equipment show. Salesman said it would do 3 tubes of grease on a battery. It came with 2 batteries, charger and case. Cost was $330.00 but remember I'm in Canada. Is this junk? Looks like it would save a ton of time Badranman--Don't get the 12 volt--if you want the best,latest-get the 14.4 volt w/2 batteries--will pump 9 more tubes and has more power.Around here in NY,the old 12 V are going real cheap now,but some dealers are hoping you don't know about the newest 14.4V and are acting like they're giving some super deal.Wish I could justify updating but my old 12V is great.And purging air is identical to a manual gun--takes me around 10-15 seconds.
There is not one thing wrong with the 12V. If you have a fleet to take care of then the 14.4 would be better. But the 12 is plenty good. And will still take care of a fleet.
I bought the 12 volt 2 years ago. So far so good. We have 3 machines and the batteries have held up well. We get about 3 tubes to a battery just like the sales guy said we would. If this ever dies maybe we'll get the 14.4. If I rush out and buy it now, the next day the 18 volt will come out and then the 24 volt. Seems to happen on a daily basis with cordless tools. As soon as I buy the "latest and greatest" they bump the friggin voltage up while the price goes down and it makes mine look pathetic.
my advice is this if you own it do not loan it :bash
They are nice. Used a 14.4 volt one and it was real nice. No air line or manual pumping. :drinkup
I love mine I bought last year, going to get another one. Bought the 12v though, should have gotten the 14.4 grrr.
Anyone has a pic or a link to one of those cordless grease guns?
Maybe try Lincoln directly for a website or information on these guns. I've been using them since they came out just about, and they are great. I don't know about battery life expectancy as I don't own one personally. They do save a ton of time, and the biggest kicker is you have one free hand to hold pressure on to the tip for the hard-to-take-grease fittings.
I have the Lincoln 14.4. I figure its already paid for itself by freeing up a few plugged grease fittings that would not respond to a manual gun. It alleviates the wish for a "third hand" when using a manual gun. It also seems to waste less grease because I always pump the full stroke on a manual gun (bad habit).
I have the 14.4 Lincoln. very happy so far. it really pumps the tubes empty, easy on the arm too.
I have a question; Can you bulk fill/pump these cordless guns...apart from packing them by hand. My manual gun I can fill by placing the bleed nozzle on the 10 gallon pump and filling...no cartridges = 1/2 the price for grease.
Yes you can bulk fill them. Never have, so dont know how. But remember instructions saying you can.
I had one of these grease guns and never could seem to get it to operate right.:Banghead It worked great for a few months but then it would not seem to prime. Another issue was dead batteries and having an electrical source on a grading job to recharge them. We now have a 120lb grease keg with an air operated graco pump and reelcraft hose reel on my service truck, which in my opinion is far more superior and the cheapest cost. I am actually in the process of setting up another one on my F450 flatbed. An air compressor, grease keg and hose reels are invaluable for daily maintenance - even for the smallest contractor. My fuel supplier is also my grease supplier and they supply the grease keg and all appurtences for no charge - of course I buy alot of fuel, grease and oil from them both on and off-road. I would say if you are running 3 or more pieces of equipment an air operated grease keg is the way to go. You also get the benefit of the compressor for blowing out cabs, a/c filters and air filters plus the ability to run an impact wrench. Just my $.02
I bulk fill my standard grease gun from a 5 gallon pail. Works good, but I had to find the # for napa to get the right connection. A buddy of mine has worked heavy equipment there for 20 + years and had never had to order one for anyone. I always kid him about asking for items he had never heard of before, and I did it up good on this one. I need to break-down and buy another cordless, but after the issues my other one had, the manual one with a pipe instead of the hose works great for the excavator.
I'll stick with my old lever grease gun. We had one in the shop once, battery always died, spare never charged, hard to get primed, but here's the kicker. Late last summer I was servicing an excavator in the shop. I noticed the track was a little saggy so I opened it up and used the cordless gun to pump it up. I pump and pump and the track doesn't move. I figure maybe the gun doesn't have enough pressure so I just use my trusty old manual gun and pump it right up. Now last winter we have a laborer servicing the trucks. I tell him to make sure to crawl underneath and grease the drivetrain, brake assemblys and everything that has a zerk. I'm not really paying attention because I'm working on the equipment. I'm using my old gun and notice that every time I go to the bin and grab a tube of grease, the stock isn't dwindling much, but I don't think much about it. Anyhoo, sometime in March I pull a bucket off an excavator to replace some bushings and after I put it back together decided to use the cordless because I didn't feel like pumping about two tubes in there manually. I pull the lever to see how much grease is in it and to my suprise it's almost full. So I pump and pump till the battery dies,(of course) grab the charged one(amazing), and pump some more. After a while I pull the lever back to see if I'm about empty and huh? Still full. Pull the gun off the zerk and push the button, no grease coming out the hose. It sounded like it was pumping, but it wasn't. I asked the guys how long it had been since they put a new tube of grease in it. No one could remember. I figure that gun hadn't worked for at least six months. If it didn't cost so much I would have chucked that damn thing in the dumpster. Last I knew they took it back to where it was bought but I'm sure the warranty was off by then.
I wouldn't let my powered gun go for twice what I paid. The bottom line is if it is me using it, I rechargeable power is fine. If I had a fleet with a bunch of mechanics, then I would use a keg with air power.
I had a Lincoln 12v gun last year, it always had a dead battery, 1 tube of grease and it was done, I gave it away. I bought a new Alemite 14.4v gun this spring, it will pump out 8 tubes or better on one battery, it pumps faster than the Lincoln ever did and I have no trouble getting it to prime. I have had the batteries replaced inside the battery pack on several Lincolns, I send them to the Interstate Battery store in Farg and get them back in 2 days for $40 per battery. I am so impressed with the Alemite that I wouldn't consider anything else, I go through at least three tubes of grease a day and to do that by hand would take so long and play me out so bad I would have to take the rest of the day off, there is no substitute for grease at the right time in the right quanity if you want to have your equipment last. Spend the money and buy an Alemite 14.4v gun and prepare to be well satisfied with it being money well spent.
I have two 12v and a 14.4v all three are Lincoln. The two 12's are broke. The 14 works good. I will try and find the Alemite I want a second one (that works). I put an inverter in my trucks so that I can charge the grease gun and laser batteries, that also is a life saver if you depend on the cordless grease gun. I am sure air is much better that the cordless, for me other than the shop air really is not an option. The help really likes the cordless so I think they are doing a better job. We sure go through the grease.
I'll second the motion on the alemite 14.4 volt, had a lincoln before and it was junk. Got the alemite and it works great!! jr
Might help me out as an idea for a birthday present....
Welcome to HEF possum300d! :drinkup
Push Cat, Don't suppose the pull off top was still on the tube of grease? One rather cold morning a guy helping me could not get the lincoln 12v to prime. After some time of fighting it we discovered the pull off end was still on the tube of grease.
I watched that happen once. This is where I would like to say it was my help. However in the interest of full disclosure, it was me.
I like the lincoln i got. Tried a cheaper model, didnt put out the pressure, and batteries didtn last
I did that once, could not figure out why in the world it would not prime. Finally said heck on it and unscrewed it, then I felt like a idiot to see the pull tab still on the tube of grease.
I had the Lincoln 12 volt for about 2 1/2 years, worked flawlessly until the motor burned out. I now use a Lincoln 1163 Air Operated Grease Gun. Only trouble I've experienced with the Lincoln air gun is the trigger stuck on, could not get it unstuck. Took it to a local Lincoln service center and they replaced it no questions asked with a brand new gun. I actually have an extra one of these guns, brand new. Bought it for a fellow employee but he went and bought one himself after asking me to order one for him. I think I paid $90.00 for it with shipping. If interested it's on Ebay currently: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=320185926061&rd=1
I have a sealey 12v grease gun got it on ebay uk cost £95 love it saves a lot of time ect.dg
I have a new Lincoln 18v paid less than 300 with two batteries. Works great with through 5 tubes in a Jiff with plenty of power to spare.
anyone had any use of the new snap on gease gun? 18volt? not yet release over here in the uk, swear by snap on gear, quality stuff with the added bonus of the batteries fitting between the impact gun, drill, torch and possibly if i can get one, the grease gun. thing is, it's not cheap. dont want to cash out on it if it's going to be no good?
I had a 12 volt Lincoln that worked perfectly[sold to a HEF member] and now a 14.4 volt version that is also flawless---and faster.Lincoln all the way.I do a lot of heavy greasing.
I have a 14.4v Alemite and it is just as good as everything else of theirs I've bought. It has an automatic bleed valve that works perfectly. You just make sure you're holding it so that's the highest point when you release the piston rod and the air comes out with no grease, then You just mash trigger and go back to work. If you get an air pocket while greasing just hold trigger and it pumps right through. I don't know how many tubes to a charge but it's a bunch.
I have a 14.4 Lincoln Power Luber now for 3 yrs now. Nothing but success and time saved with this purchase. I've noticed now that the batteries are sluggish and cannot hold a charge. My batteries only hold a charge for 2 tubes now Check out this website...I'm going to give these guys a chance...I'll let ya'll know http://cgi.ebay.com/WE-REBUILD-YOUR...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f37d9f9f
'139 try to charge the batteries with the 120V wall charger not the 12V charger. They will last longer.
Lincoln 12v with 2 batteries, always have the spare in the charger- works great and makes it a little less painful to keep grease in our machinery - my 11 year old volunteers to do it for the fun of it. He may waste a little grease but he fits into tight spaces a hella lot easier than I do! Go 3-4 tubes on a battery unless it's really cold.
At the very least,I thoroughly enjoyed their video. I've been thinking this route. Let us know. Thanks.
Yeah keep us updated please!
we have 2 12 volt Lincolns with 4 batteries each. On battery pushes 2 tubes and when you put 6-8 tubes a day the guns get a work out. I figured out the batteries have a one yar warranty so we write the date on the yellow part of the battery that goes inside the gun. first sign of it gtting weak it goes straight back to napa. I really want to see how the 18 v works
Just saw these at Lordco auto parts up here in BC the other day, inquired on the price and they list for over $1050 for the 18 volt, but they are on some managers special right now for $285 plus tax for the 18 Volt kit... Just a heads up
http://www.voltmanbatteries.com/servlet/StoreFront I'm waitn on my new batteries.......
make sure battery spec is the same as OEM.
just ordered a snap on 18v grease gun should be over here in about 3weeks i guess. Keep you up to speed on its productivity. lets hope it is as good as the impact guns and drills...
well I just got one of my two batteries in the mail a few days ago.....I've gone through 8 tubes already and it's still kickn....WOW I highly recommend these guys! $45 gets you a new battery
i have been using my milwaukee M12 grease gun for a couple of weeks now and i absolutely love it! i have always been one for maintenance but greasing equipment can be such a pain. now i have no problem getting everything lubed up. i have gone through 8 tubes of grease now and the battery still has a bar left on it. it was expensive and a lil frivolous but if my equipment will last longer bc of it i think of it as an investment. also another perk is the battery and charger fits my other milwaukee tools so i can share the batteries. HIGHLY recommended! http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...446-21XC&CategoryName=SC:+M12+Cordless+System
find a bolt thread or something pointy to hook in the metal hoop left from the ring cap to pull the old tube out. Greaseless!
12 v Lincoln I got mine from Napa on sale for $180. Hand guns are alright if you have three hands, thats why my hand guns are somewhere in the woods where I flung them.. one hand on hose, barrel on knee, other hand to pump-good bye
That's where all of my old pump ones are as well, either that or in the drink. HATE trying to crawl under a haybine or baler and push grease with a pump style- brace barrel against knees against the underside of the equipmet, hold hose with one hand and try and pump with the other- AARRGGGHHH! :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead
new 18v snap on electric grease gun arrived today. as usual i am impressed with build quality. time will tell the real deal i guess. will have it with me on site and will give it a real hounding. watch this space for a report.
Alemite 585 B-1 runs circles around most cordless grease guns
x2 indlube they are a very good gun Just love mine.
Carquest had earlier this month the Lincoln 18 volt with a bonus hand pistol grip for 269.00
I was reading this thread on my way to a job and was wondering if any of these guns will take the Dewalt 18V? I don't need more battery's and chargers .
First cordless grease gun come with motor of power 12v. But now It come with powerful motor of 14.4volt in it. That’s why cordless grease gun can easily provide you grease with high pressure. If you using cordless grease gun continuously then you will have to second charged battery with you. It is best option as compare to use Cordless grease gun with 12v motor. The new cordless grease gun will comes with 18v motor it means the lubricant more flexible, easy and fast.
I like mine
I bleed mine the same way and have for years works great also if you let the rod suck in on its own instead of shoving rod in you dont get grease all over shaft.But it is hard to keep people from doing that .If you buy new gun try it you will wish you would have years ago. I use lincoln guns only problem is the tips dont last i have found some at TSC from another company and they work great.
National-Spencer is now selling a 19.2 volt cordless grease gun. They are readily available on the internet. Actually libertyaz is a dealer for them.
I'm in the UK and looking for a good cordless greasegun. Having trouble with supply of Lincoln or Alemite over here and the price is crazy (they don't do 18volt Lincoln here either). I can get a 14 volt Lincoln on Amazon for around 100 Pounds (160 US dollars without shipping). But here in the Uk it is on sale for 294 Pounds (461 US dollars) ... anybody know of a USA supplier who is willing to ship to the UK at a good price? They do sell a Sealey cordless greasegun here but don't know the quality. Not willing to part with quite a bit of money without knowing the longevity.
grease gun Try www.buzzardgulch.com they might ship to you
I have three Milwaukee chargers any one know where to order a 12v grease gun only? I have tried Amazon the order timed out I tried AceTool it said it was in stock , it wasn't, my local wholesale shops have the whole kit.
Try Amazon again Ace K. I just ran the gun only all the way through the shopping cart. I stopped when it wanted my CC number. Maybe your internet connection was slow yesterday.
Those Lincoln cordless guns are tough. I backed over on in the case with the dump truck and it still works!! The case is missing a latch and the plastic on the body of the gun is cracked and deformed, but it still works good. Thank god too, it was only 4 days old. The owner put it off to the side in the shade on the blind side of the truck so the operator would not run over it with the excavator...
i have had a lincoln 14.4 for five years,last year the batteries started losing life,so went and bought 18v,used it about 2 months had a hard time getting it to prime.i had a little luck leaving stem out and letting it go in on its own,then all of a sudden it locked up like its on a plugged grease fitting,any idea how to fix? i just throw the 18v batteries on the 14.4 and she is pumping like never before!!i like the 14.4 body with 18v batteries it pumps a hell of alot faster,and its still working!!
I've always wanted to try one of those electric grease guns, but have been shy after three air powered guns died on me in about 3 years (2 Lincolns and one Princess Auto). Wasn't totally happy with the air powered, because you could never "really" know if the grease went in. All visual. With a hand unit, you hear the grease "pop" and then you know you got er. Now for several years, I have been buying 2 or 3 (probabally chinese) cheap guns every year, and when one dies, I have a new one on the shelf ready to go. My biggest anxiety in buying a new electric, is how do you know how much grease is going in? Is there any "feel" to it? or do you have to put on a hose and feel the tightness? Must be a visual thing, same as the air powered ones.
I've had A lincoln and have a Milwaulkee M12 for about a year now the long hose and battery life are great. I can run 7 or 8 tubes through it with out problem I highly recomend it
I hear my Milwaukee cycle. If nothing goes in, the pump stops, just like a manual handle stops moving. If it gets air bound (which is rare) it runs away just like the manual handle moving freely.
My understanding is Lincoln was sold out to a foreign country and is now being manufactured overseas. The quality has gone way down but the warranty is good. Still, you shouldn't have to have your equipment being repaired all the time. We have stopped carrying Lincoln for this reason. If my memory serves me correctly, I think we had like 60% of Lincoln products sold be returned on us the year before we dropped them.
Actually, Lincoln, Alemite and Reelcraft were acquired by SKF (the bearing people) awhile ago. Many Lincoln parts are manufactured overseas, and that is the issue with most US companies, hence shoddy workmanship, poor delivery.
Indlube, thx for clearing that up. I knew I was fuzzy on the details. I'm wanting to say the issues started like 5 years ago.
We have a lincoln 12v. Battery went bad about five years ago. I just hooked two twenty foot wires with clips on the ends to it. I never have to worry about charging it. Go out to grease something just hook it up to the battery on the machine. Looks redneck but works great. I can go through a case of grease and never worry about the battery.
The only issue with cordless grease guns would be if you encounter a partially seized zerk, they usually do not have the power of a manual or an air powered gun.
I can't say that I agree to that and in fact I have had instances where my Milwaukee has more psi than my alemite pistol grip. I love my Milwaukee stuff to death. Any tools of mine that have an electric motor in them are red. And I buy everything through fastenal. Having good tool and equipment dealers to me is as important as having good machine dealers. I had one problem with my 18v lithium drill because it fell into a lake when I was building my dock and they gave me a loaner while mine was getting repaired and the only thing I had to pay was the $23.50 for shipping Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I have an Alemite 14.4v one and it will put out 10,000psi. I have yet to find a fitting it won't pump grease into that I could with a hand pump
Anybody else tried having there batteries rebuilt? After 3 years both batteries that came with my Lincoln greese gun went bad. I dropped them off at a local shop that rebuilds cordless batteries with new cells. That was about 2 years ago and they still last longer than the original ones did when new. Rebuilding runs about half the price of new replacements. They have done a number of different ones up to 28v with good luck for me since. They tell me there are different qualities of cells available and many tools have down graded the cells in the newer batteries.
I have had some of my 18v batteries rebuilt and they have been great so far. Like you said 1/2 cost of new.
I have had a snap on 18v grease gun for some years now. Awesome piece of kit. Probably not wort the asking price but I have their 18v impact gun, drill and torch all taking the same batteries. So I carry one charger, half a dozen batteries and I'm never left out.
Milwaukee M12 is what I got, it's been a great grease gun.
Anyone ever try the drill operated grease guns. I'm cerious if that would be a cheaper alternative then the milwaukee one I've been eyeing up.