Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

correct track size KX 91-3

xexman44 ยท 2011-05-15 22:19

Hi guys, need a new track for my kx91-3. Track on it is a FALKEN 30-53-80. Looking at a lot of sites online and most of them say the track is a 30-52.5-80. I am afraid of asking a dumb question but does that .5 make a difference? Will that track fit and work on my machine or do I need to stick with the 53? Just bought this machine and it is the funnest toy I have ever owned! Thanks for the help figuring this out.

Replies9
  1. #1badalton242011-05-16 14:24

    xexman44- aftermarket replacement tracks show that you use the 30 X 53 X 80, the Pitch is less then the number of links would change as well. If you have any other questions I would be glad to answer them for you-- Brent (813) 635-2367.. and enjoy playing!

  2. #2xexman442011-05-16 17:20

    Thanks for the reply...still wondering, would a track size of 30-52.5-80 fit? I did order one with the original size just to be sure. Surprisingly a little difference in price between the two. Building my house, dying here without the rig running...

  3. #3badalton242011-05-17 08:18

    No the other track should not work, the pitch is less which means there should be another link. Just curious- who did you order the tracks from?

  4. #4xexman442011-05-17 09:07

    Industrial Tractor Parts here in Scarborough, Maine. $1000 for next day service. I still get emails from some dealers saying the other pitch is ok. Confusing. I'll stick with what came off it! Thanks for the info though, I do appreciate it. Sure would hate to be down a week order a track and finally get it to find out it's the wrong size.

  5. #5badalton242011-05-17 09:58

    Was that per each track? or was that for a set?

  6. #6xexman442011-05-17 21:27

    per track, 850 plus shipping. Put the new track on and 5 minutes later the other one broke in half. Working on wet gravel, trying to be careful but still ripped. Had 2400 hours on them, maybe it was time. Sure is an unwanted expense while your trying to build a house. Should of sprung for some steel tracks, oh well, live and spend money, or something like that.

  7. #7badalton242011-05-18 08:20

    That is rather expensive, most companies, like ours offer free shipping on tracks. Glad you got the tracks on and good luck with your house!!!

  8. #8xexman442011-05-18 09:24

    can you say the name of your company in here so next I can check with you first? The new tracks should be ok in the gravel shouldn't they? I am not renting it so I run it like I want to take care of it, but you can't really baby them. Anyway, thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. JB

  9. #9badalton242011-05-18 12:55

    I left you my number at the top- forum rules dont allow for solicitation, I would be happy to answer any questions though at 813-635-2367