Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Could be fun… lol: Part two.

OCR ยท 2009-11-14 00:21

Since this is more about oil drilling rigs, and associated equipment, and not so much about dozers, I thought I'd post some pictures in this Forum. These are some pictures of the crane they brought in yesterday, to unload, and set up the well pump. โ€‹ OCR

Replies8
  1. #1OCR2009-11-14 01:34

    This has been kind of an on going deal, and our dozer is still down at the site. I've been assisting trucks up the hill, when need be, and I expanded the pond that holds the water that is separated from the oil. The weather report looked bad, so the fellow that drilled the well, wanted me there, in case the crane, or trucks, needed help up the hill. None needed help up, because the weather stayed good, untill....... โ€‹ Just about the time they had every thing assembled... then the concern became, getting the crane down the hill ... safely. I just walked the dozer up and down the hill, a few times, and that dug up some fairly dry dirt... never had a problem. โ€‹ OCR

  2. #2TimHay2009-11-14 08:34

    Great pics OCR. You did a some nice work there

  3. #3AtlasRob2009-11-14 13:43

    *** is that under the boom of the crane? a dolly? To me thats a 200t mobile but I have never seen a dolly like that under the boom. Is that just for movement around site or another thing to do with the crazy "bridge laws" I see mentioned in so many posts from over the pond. Great pics OCR, Whats the deal with the talcum powder?

  4. #4willie592009-11-14 19:01

    LoL, that's funny Rob. It's getting to be the time of year that OCR will see a bit of "talcum powder".

  5. #5OCR2009-11-14 21:30

    Thanks, Tim... but I didn't do any work on the site, I just helped the trucks up the hill, if needed, and only a few did. OCR

  6. #6OCR2009-11-14 22:50

    Yes... a dolly. No... he unhooked it as soon as he got there. Must be, Rob... I know, that when he got there, the crane boom was extended out maybe a quarter or more, so there was considerable overhang past the dolly. When he got to the top, he turned in to the site area, and the "house" slewed, just like a semi trailer on a fifth wheel. Then he sucked the boom all the way in, and backed the dolly into that little parking area (where I usually park dozer), and detached it; swung the boom around over the front like you usually see them, and moved onto the site, and set up. Aww, that crap always blows in from a soapstone mine, just over the hill... every time the weather gets cold... OCR...

  7. #7willie592009-11-14 22:58

    :lmao :falldownlaugh :bouncegri

  8. #8tonka2009-11-15 00:19

    dam thats a little overkill for that unit