Hello ! Anyone knows how a adjust the flow on a counter balance valve on a excavtor 690 B (1980) seems that my traction problem would be an adjustement of that valve . both traction motor have been resealed and working fine . I have the repair book of that machine but the only thing I see is how to dismount and dismantel the whole valve but I see nowhere how to adjust it ! or maybe I'm missing something !!!
I am wondering why you think you need to adjust something like that? They work on negative pressure to shift them to limit flow out of the motor which is to keep the machine from free rolling down a hill.
You can switch those valves from side to side, if the problem follows the valve replace it. don't adjust it. Have you ever checked your travel pressure?
HI ! I've been told that they could be adjusted , that is why I was asking how ! maybe it is another type of valve that need to be adjusted . also as per J-D you CAN'T invert the valve from right to left & vice versa ( according to the repair book form J-D ) maybe they are wrong !! I can't tell ! thank you anyway !
If these valves are threaded into the travel motors I would'nt know why they can't be switched. But I don't have the service manual. Have you ever checked the travel pressure? The travel relief valves can be adjusted, if they are diffrent than the main reliefs.
HI ! The counterbalance valves are connected via hydraulic hoses , they are not directly threaded into the motor , they are mounted under the slew ring onto the undercariage , I haven't checked the travel pressure neither the flow yet , cause I knew the motor needed to be resealed , also I had 9 grouser that were loose and also 3 rollers not revolving , so I wanted to fix that first, my next step is to make the pressure & flow checked , but I wanted to get as much info on adjusting the valves ( if they were adjustable ) , so if the relief valve need to be adjusted do you know how to do that . sorry faor all those questions but I'm kind a of newbie on this and try not to get riped off by any mecanics that can abuse newbies .