We have just taken the ripper of our new d6rxw and fitted a drawbar so it can pull a bowl, can anyone confirm how the tractor will run without the ripper on board, logic says it may be nose heavy but I have seen plenty without rippers and even the few that have additional weight on the dbar come nowhere near the ripper weight and do not look like they would make much of a difference? Any help would be cool.
Looking at the Machine Configurator I quote - "A rear counterweight is strongly recommended for optimum tractor balance if neither a ripper nor a winch is ordered. A rigid drawbar is the minimum requirement if no rear attachment (ripper, winch or rear counterweight) is ordered on this machine." According to the specs a Rear Counterweight assembly weighs 2000 pounds in total, but that number includes the weight of the drawbar. 2 additional slabs of 750 pounds each can also be added in desired. Sounds like your tractor might be a bit light on the back end. Simply because you see other tractors running round without rear attachments doesn't necessarily make it right.
I don't think it should be an issue. Most of them don't have a ripper anyway. I have seen a 6R with 6SU that had 500lbs counter weight on the drawbar. But only that one and it would have to be removed to tie the bowl to it. On edit it must have been two slabs 750 each. I do remember seeing two slab weights.
We got a couple 6T's with VPAT blades and they all have a bunch of stones on the back. I took the first one we hads cherry before it had any weight and it's doable but slope work was an *** ache.
Nige, Thanks for the input always good to have some outside opinion.