I'm wondering what other backhoe owners use to lube their extendahoe with. The manual says moly grease is this the go or are there other suggestions? Also I'm looking into fitting a lifting eye to the front bucket on my 580 sr. It has fold over forks fitted with slide rails covering where you would perhaps normally fit an eye to the top middle part of the bucket. What have others done with this kind of bucket? Cheers.
I use the same grease for everything, except for the ujoints, they get the automotive style moly chassis grease. The pins get greased at least once a day, same for the extend. U joints greased less often. Figure having grease that maybe isnt exactly the most optimum is way better than no grease at all... As to the eye, not sure: maybe a pic? * What year the SR? We have the E, K, L, M series of letters - that list goes back pretty far, at least 20 years. No R that I have heard of.
We are like oceanobob - grease machine front to back once a day. I have 2 580 SL's and 1 580 SM. have run case backhoes for 35yrs now. We have welded lifting eyes on the front bucket at the back of the top lip, right where it rolls back down to the bucket - on the re-enforced area at the top in the center of the loader bucket. I beleive the R models are sold only in Europe and have four tires the same size.
Thanks for the reply guys, great website. The SR series over here in oz ran from I think 2004 series 1 to approx. 2009 series 3 maybe 2010. Mine is a series 3 2009. Later models are now the ST range. If I get a chance in the next couple of days I will try and get some pics up of the hoe and its bucket. All the best.
Below is some pics of my 580sr's bucket and the machine itself. I will post another set of pics of my 580k bucket with it's lifting eye shortly. I may have to do something similar to the sr unless anyone has a better suggestion. Any ideas appreciated.
Here is the 580k bucket lifting eye. It comes through a slot cut into the bucket and plated / reinforced at the back. It has lifted some heavy loads in the past and nothings ever bent/ broken. Got the forks on the k at the moment so no picture of machine.