I want to do proper maintenance on the big ring gear that the whole excavator swivels on (what's it called exactly?). My lubrication chart says to grease the bearing and to grease the pinion gear. I found the zerk fitting that I believe is for the bearing which I greased at every 90 degrees of rotation on the housing as suggested to me before. I am not sure how to grease the pinion gear though. There seems to be a plug a few inches from the grease fitting. Do I need to put somekind of special grease fitting in there or something? Any help would be appreciated.
What brand and model of machine do you have? That will help you get a answer.
There should be a grease fitting for your pinion gear, I suppose you dont have a manual.:dizzy
It's a 2004 IHI 35N and no I don't have a manual. I can't find a service manual, only parts manuals.
Have a look in your part manual, Rotec area, there should be a description of a gease line, fitting or something. is there any grease fittings by your battery?:beatsme