Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Coverting a 3054E to mechanical

mattyt1984 · 2023-01-28 21:16

I have a couple of 3054e engines missing the wiring harness I was never able to locate to get them running. Does anyone know if I could just convert these to a mechanical injection pump? If so would I need to do anything else?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2023-01-30 10:54

    I show 3 possible harness Part Number depending on whether or not there is a Diagnostic Connector and if the interface is mounted high or low - 224-8641, 224-8642, or 226-3819. What are the engine Serial Numbers.? I assume 304-something if they are for industrial/genset use.

  2. #2mattyt19842023-02-10 22:18

    I don't want to put money into the harnesses if I could possibly covert to mechanical?

  3. #3Nige2023-02-10 23:27

    It would probably cost you more to convert to mechanical than it would to buy the harness. Either way I can’t help you.

  4. #4chidog2023-02-18 23:01

    For longevity the mechanical will always win over electronics.