Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cracked window on 305

buzzyng ยท 2013-02-12 01:51

I cracked the front window on a Cat305CCR. It has about 15 cracks going out from the center and while I can see out, would really like to replace. What is the best route to replace without ordering through CAT. tx

Replies5
  1. #1caterpillarmech2013-02-12 05:24

    Call a local glass guy and give him the dimensions. As loung as it has no holes in the glass he should be able to make it for you.

  2. #2buzzyng2013-02-14 20:46

    Thanks, for some reason I didn't even think of that. Just assumed it had to be some aftermarket or Cat part.

  3. #3Permafrost-ed2013-02-15 13:38

    Depends.... is it curved tempered glass in that digger? If so its OEM my man. If the glass is like my 304 its flat and laminated so a guy can go the cheap route and have a glass guy cut one out from a sheet of glass and save some $$$! Good luck.

  4. #4Mikez2013-02-15 15:02

    Had a glass company do the boom side on our 225, took measurements from on site, gave quote, great price $225.00 cut and installed. Afterwards he said call him anytime, but he would never do it for that price again.

  5. #5buzzyng2013-02-18 01:57

    Thanks for the input. It isn't curved so I will just call a glass company - I was having a brain freeze and thinking I needed to OEM it or get a knock off. Thanks for redirecting me