Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crain accident

Wolfcsm ยท 2010-03-20 21:17

Saw this on another forum YouTube - Crane Accident Ends in Explosion Hal

Replies29
  1. #1shipman2010-03-20 22:07

    bad day uh, will what happen there eventually be made public?

  2. #295zIV2010-03-20 22:53

    Already did, Last week:

  3. #3craneweb2010-03-31 12:34

    I just saw that one too.. How about this one...real rugged YouTube - Horrible Crane Accident

  4. #4liebherr11602010-03-31 14:21

    That's Big Blue ,,Milwaukee Stadium..the most infamous crane accident ..a kin to the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald or Titantic..and just as well documented ..

  5. #595zIV2010-03-31 15:53

    I'm pretty sure that one is on here somewhere too, but I just cant find it anywhere.

  6. #6Aliate2010-03-31 18:20

    Give that guy in the white crane a raise.

  7. #7craneweb2010-03-31 19:12

    Sorry, I am just getting into the crane accident phase

  8. #8liebherr11602010-03-31 21:27

    LOL..most guys try their damnedest to stay out of that .. said with Humor ...:drinkup

  9. #9shipman2010-03-31 22:32

    crane mishap with a more humourous outcome remember to take the ladder down after working on boom head

  10. #10liebherr11602010-04-01 00:40

    Its good for getting around corner's now though ..

  11. #11marshjhm2010-04-06 17:42

    You would think the operator would have noticed the ladder. After all he was was looking right at it from the cab. Distracted driving?

  12. #12shipman2010-04-06 20:54

    actually the machine was parked and the boom faded enough to do the ladder in, I was up there looking at the boom head and left the ladder up overnight, I hadn't though of using the ladder to get around corners so it went to the aluminum re-cycle guy!

  13. #13abhi2010-05-15 08:49

    Its high time to look for safety measures Watching the video gave me certain thoughts as I felt sorry for the sufferers. I guess there should be more focus on the safety features incorporated in the upcoming crane models to avoid such happenings.

  14. #14lostsizzle2011-07-03 11:55

    Does anyone know if its against the law to operate equipment without a state issued licence

  15. #15Hoister2011-07-03 12:32

    Some states do require that an operator of hoisting equipment over a certain tonnage have a license. But not all states, Yet. That law just passed for us here in PA.

  16. #16gostr8r2011-07-03 14:04

    As of today it's not a state requirement, but I do believe that it has been established that within the next 4 years it will be so. My company has been heavily involved in encouraging it's operators to get their NCCCO licenses and reimburses all costs for the training and cert's after they pass.

  17. #17mantirig2011-12-10 17:38

    Red red paint must have been on sale

  18. #18MrBear2011-12-17 11:48

    Wow.. That's crazy..

  19. #19Crane Blogger2012-02-16 12:13

    Crane Accidents on LeCrane Chronicle I have several crane accidents here on my blog. Most are overhead crane accidents since that is my forte! http://overheadmaterialhandlingregulation.blogspot.com/search/label/Crane Accidents I often post crane accidents on my blog or if I don't have time I just tweet it instead. https://twitter.com/#!/CalvinFrank Konecranes an Overhead Crane Manufacturer

  20. #20gostr8r2012-02-16 18:04

    Crane Blogger, I clicked on the links and can't get any video to open. No way to click on them at all. Maybe it my computer or something I don't understand. I read as much about crane accidents as I can, to stay informed and more aware so I can avoid becoming a member of that undesirable group of operators.

  21. #21gostr8r2012-02-16 18:10

    Disregard CB I went back and tried again and they worked. Thanks for sharing them.

  22. #22Crane Blogger2012-02-17 14:20

    No problem. Hope you like them. I will post on here again when I get some more on my page. Thanks

  23. #23gostr8r2012-02-17 18:23

    How about the one I saw on fb's Crane Operators Only group. I read there that you had something on it too. It was a conventional boom that had a long jib collapsed over a big yellow structure. Three guys went down with the man basket and were badly injured. The operator himself posted on fb that it would have been better if they had all died! He always criticized everyone else's talent and any cranes that were not made from in country. A very racist and conceited man that had nothing positive to share with any one.

  24. #24Crane Blogger2012-02-17 19:19

    Ya. I just read what your talking about. The whole group was all over that guy. The Crane Blogger they were referring to another crane blogger. I am actually an overhead crane blogger but it didn't fit for a user name so I dropped the "overhead" part. Most of my post with the exception to crane accidents will be on overhead cranes and gantries. Konecranes an Overhead Crane Manufacturer

  25. #25gostr8r2012-02-17 23:20

    Cool and thanks for the quick reply.

  26. #26Tiny2012-02-18 01:11

    You reckon he was on that rig or hes just blowing smoke....Strange post

  27. #27Crane Blogger2012-03-05 11:55

    I think he was on it. If not then why would he incriminate himself like that? I did see that he posted on some other sites too so I would think it was him. Konecranes an Overhead Crane Manufacturer

  28. #28Dmconstruct2012-03-17 11:22

    What a POS. where can I find this story? Any links?

  29. #29Crane Blogger2012-03-19 10:21

    There is no link to the actual post. However here is the link to the group. You have to be a member, but I was never questioned when I signed up for it. Just scroll down a ways and you will see a picture of a yellow boom collapsed. This is the one that is in reference to. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/7686371575/ Konecranes an Overhead Crane Manufacturer