Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane Accident

Rob ยท 2004-02-18 00:37

On the news today there was a crane accident on the Merrit Parkway in Stratford CT. Apparently, workers removing a section of a bridge being repaired had one crane topple and the other buckle when they lifted off a beam. One operator was thrown into the water with his rig, workers rescued him but he later dies at the hospital. Stories... ABC NBC

Replies1
  1. #1BRL2004-02-18 15:09

    There was another bad crane accident in Ohio also. I haven't seen any of the news reports on that one. I had asked my wife if she had heard about that, and she said yes, but she was actually referring to this one in CT. Big Nate who is a member here is close to the Ohio one & knows people involved or close to those involved, and it was discussed last night in a chat room. Hopefully he'll see this & post the details as I don't remember them well enough to post them.