Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane Accident

MRM99 ยท 2008-03-15 13:09

This is an American 5299 that I had be passing by for several days when one day it all of a sudden had no boom? So i decided that I would have a look, turns out they stuck the pile driver in the bank of the canal while swinging and down it went, of course I didn't have a camera so i went back the next day. When I got there they already had all the bent boom gone, but they had brought this fine example of a Galion 150FA in to help on the repairs :bash LOVE THE WIRE ROPE !!

Replies4
  1. #1Lashlander2008-03-16 00:16

    Did the crane flip over? Poor old American. Those are tough old girls.

  2. #2MRM992008-03-16 01:17

    The crane did not flip over but the boom was a total loss, I have never opperated one but they still run them all around the houston area.

  3. #3Andy2008-04-04 03:50

    Hi, everybody,I am a newer here from China. there are so many uesd truck crane in my countries saled, Chinese brand, Janpanse brand, many many types in our field. weclome to China, maybe I will act as your guider then..

  4. #4Cumminstech2008-10-06 00:03

    I worked for omnisource corporation, a scrap yard, and we have all new equipment but they still have 5 old american cranes, 3 wheeled and two tracked. all had four cylinder detroit two strokes in them. they are sitting all rusted out now.