Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

crane/camper/boat launcher combo

Natman ยท 2021-02-11 18:38

I spotted this yesterday, and just had to take a closer look. That looks like a newer Palfinger, that IH chassis is just what I bought brand new under my 17 ton Terex boom truck, with a 6 speed and a 6 banger diesel it ought to get down the road pretty good. I'd love to see this setup in action, whoever built it gave it a LOT of thought, and I was hoping to get a tour inside but no one was around. This is in town/local so I will try to do so in the future.

Replies4
  1. #1Coaldust2021-02-11 19:34

    That is interesting. Talk about living the van life!

  2. #2Tags2021-02-11 20:27

    That certainly is something right there.....reminds me of a saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none". Also reminds me of this saying, "There's an *** for every seat"... I'm just poking fun, I have no knowledge about campers, maybe it's the best thing since sliced bread....

  3. #3CM19952021-02-11 20:31

    That's a lot of crane to launch a boat.

  4. #4hvy 1ton2021-02-11 22:20

    Don't know where he goes with this rig, but launching into the Salmon river from the road would use most of it. I have friends that have a cabin up there and they way they talk about fishing season up there it gets crazy enough for this to make sense. I've never been up there for fishing, but I taken an innertube from Spring Creek all the way to the end of the road at Corn Creek a few times. It very odd floating through rapids behind a raft full of people taking things very seriously. I was happy as long as I didn't get water in my beer or vice versa.