Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane knocked over.

Truckie · 2007-04-25 21:33

Crane knocked over. Here is the full story. This happened some time yesterday, I just found out about it. It crushed a parked car, no one was hurt. http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_504345.html

Replies7
  1. #1wrenchbender2007-04-25 21:49

    That is amazing no one got hurt. Thanks for posting it was a good write up.

  2. #2digger242j2007-04-25 22:04

    TV coverage: http://kdka.com/local/local_story_114130253.html Thanks, Truckie. I heard about it yesterday, and meant to look for it and post it, but I forgot. Looking at the TV coverage, after reading the newspaper story, I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.

  3. #3Truckie2007-04-25 22:32

    No problem Digger I just herd of this and saw copy of yesterdays Tribune Review and checked here and did not see any thing, so I figured I’d post it. Not sure what went wrong. In the news clip they say the weight he was swinging got away from him, but in the news paper article they say part of the roof hit the crane boom and knocked it over. I’m to.

  4. #4digger242j2007-04-25 22:42

    It just looks odd to me that the cab of the machine is facing away from the building. If part of the building came down and caught it, I'd have thought it would've been facing toward the building. :beatsme

  5. #5digger242j2007-04-26 16:02

    Even better--video of the accident! One of the other Pittsburgh stations has actual video of the accident, as it happened. http://www.wpxi.com/video/13019690/index.html

  6. #6Truckie2007-04-26 18:50

    Thanks for the extra link Digger. I still haven’t figured out the whole deal. When I get more time I will look a bit closer to hopefully figure it out.

  7. #7atgreene2007-04-28 11:25

    We had one tip over here in high winds last fall. Here's the link. http://portlandfirefighters.com/crane_accident.htm I wouldn't want to be anywhere near these bad boys when they go t!ts-up.