Right now there's a 1989 Grove tms 840 listed on auctiontime. I saw pictures first and thought "that's no grove, someone slapped Grove stickers on something else". Well I studied the pictures and saw Coles crane on one of the tags, and Pierce Carrier somewhere else. Then I recalled someone mentioning that Coles was English, and Grove bought them. Its the goofiest looking rig I've seen for a hydro, I don't know if Grove would even give you parts. I have really liked the looks of the Pierce carrier stuff I've seen. The pierce carriers always look built super stout in the Grove 70-80 tonners I've seen with Pierce carriers. Too bad Missouri makes us make the axle weights they do, I don't think I'd get a pierce to scale here. The thing I can't figure out from the pictures of the crane, is how you would get the jib mounted with that aux head sheeve arrangement. Pull the big bolts holding it on, and pull it off with a forklift? Then mount jib? Is that rooster sheeve thing even factory? I think I can post a link http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?OHID=11976905&lp=mat
I wonder if the boom is full live. According to Wikipedia grove bought Coles in 84'. I bet that's a gray market crane. Seems like it would have competed directly with the tms300 and Tms475. Being a 10' wide 85k seems a little big for a 43t. All it would take is a call to grove to see if they supply parts for it. That rooster sheeve can't be factory. Or I couldn't see it being factory. I'd be kinda surprised if that Cummins 300 is factory as well.