Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crane website

Klutz ยท 2008-04-06 14:25

I once stumbled on a crane inspection / crane accidents warning site on the internet. It had a bunch of pictures of cranes in really poor conditions that were apparently still being used. One of the pics showed a rusty old crane where the drivers seat had been replaced with a white kitchen chair (in equally bad shape). Anyone seen that picture? If so, do you have link to it?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies6
  1. #1MKTEF2008-04-06 16:13

    Here is a site with local accidents in Norway: http://www.lsi-bok.no/nyhet_liste.asp?nyhet_kat_id=5 And am sorry its in Norwegian...

  2. #2speedy2008-04-06 18:51

    I think this might be the one: http://www.craneconsultants.com/CraneMishaps_2005.htm

  3. #3egoman2008-04-06 21:38

    I dont know how to put up links but go to www.craneaccidents.com

  4. #4bobcat ron2008-04-06 21:54

    Check out the electrocuted man, that's some seriously nasty stuff!

  5. #5Klutz2008-04-09 12:48

    That's the one! Thanks Speedy! I appreciate the norwegian site as well, MKTEF. I never saw that one before. Good information. Thanks but no thanks, Bobcat Ron! I have a hard time watching machines getting damaged in accidents, let alone humans. That being said, I am still fascinated by the this old classic: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXclbtVZV3U It's more like an electrical experiment. However, I never intended to start an accident thread here, watching nasty accidents makes me feel like a vulture. I'm happy now that I got my crane chair picture!

  6. #6cranemangrn2010-11-28 02:44

    google Barth crane inspection