Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cranes or compaction or skydiving

catkicker ยท 2013-09-28 20:34

Hows this. Crane, dynamic compaction and a parachute....What a recipe https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=557444100976828&set=vb.236486913157711&type=2&theater or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35oXueasbE

Replies9
  1. #1bigshow2013-09-28 20:55

    Nice.

  2. #2mitch5042013-09-28 21:00

    Daayum

  3. #3d4c24a2013-09-29 16:35

    fake reading the comments i cannot believe people think it really happened

  4. #4Blmreject2013-09-29 19:23

    The last thing to go through that guys mind would have been his shoes!

  5. #5td25c2013-09-29 21:14

    Thats pretty wild! When I see a video like that it kind of makes me think of the old Hollywood stuntmen of yesteryear. Pretty amazing what the stuntmen pulled off back in those days before computer generation. Hey............. what gag are we doing today on the movie set ? OK...... so we just have to ride the team & buckboard over the cliff into the water.No problem. http://www.b-westerns.com/stunt.htm Hey Bobby........We need you on the set for "Convoy". Do ya think you can jump the car over the barn? www.westernclippings.com/stuntmen/bobbyherron_stuntmen.shtml

  6. #6catkicker2013-09-30 18:48

    It was a cool looking video. Most people would probably suspect it's authenticity.

  7. #7FMD2013-10-05 16:19

    I just came back from my local DZ today and showed this. Cant speak for this specific clip, but guys are actually doing this. It is a cross of ground launching and base jumping. Back when base jumping started off, people said a lot of the clips were fake, that you couldnt free fall from 500'. Once again, like everything else, the equipment is getting tailored for what you want it to perform at. I'll stick with my 270 wing..................

  8. #8CraneInnovation2013-10-10 15:09

    Any videos of it, FMD? I know the setup would definitely launch a human quite high, but as others have mentioned, their condition would be up for debate. I would think that kind of acceleration would send your brain shooting out your ears.

  9. #9FMD2013-10-11 10:24

    I can ask next time I go to the DZ. No way am I doing something like this. I dont think the accerleration would really be to harsh on a human body. I would think the shock loading of the force would break a leg or hip. But some of the crazier guys at the DZ said they heard of it being done.