Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Crank shaft pulley

Ktucker ยท 2023-06-10 13:42

I have a 1961 AC d grader has does the Crank shaft pulley come off?

Replies4
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-06-10 23:43

    Might need some pics. of it to see what you're dealing with.

  2. #2JaredV2023-06-11 00:12

    Yeah it comes off. If I remember right there are tapped holes you can use with a puller. Had mine off several years ago to change the main seal. Take the radiator out and you have a pretty clear view of what you need to do.

  3. #3Silveroddo2023-06-11 00:14

    I had one, don't remember specifically, but it wasn't anything exotic. Theres a keyway and possibly an allen head? My memory is a little foggy but I think the key way is stepped, I believe I lost the key and just had the pully broached to run a standard key. Shouldn't be anything crazy

  4. #4OzDozer2023-06-11 04:29

    The guys on the A-C Forum below should be able to help out. It's the 262 gas engine, right? Crank pulley Problems Anyone come across a crank pulley on a WD motor that has a bolt in it but no head on the bolt? I bought... www.allischalmers.com I presume the pulley has no threaded puller holes? It may have the double set screw arrangement as above. If there doesn't appear to be anything left holding it, hire or borrow a bearing puller (the type that uses the flat plate in two halves, bolted together - and use that to pull from behind the pulley. Don't use a jaw-type gear puller, you stand a good chance of breaking the outside edges off the pulley.